Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

We miss you in Newark NJ

LloydStamps
Explorer C

Southwest was my first choice when traveling, but then you left Newark Airport. I know it got expensive for you, but now, flying Southwest is too expensive and troublesome for me. Using LaGuardia from my home in Northern NJ takes twice as long, and getting to LGA is twice as expensive. (I live north and a little west of the GW Bridge.)

You'd be my first choice again if you returned to Newark. If the opportunity presents itself, I hope you'll seize it.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: We miss you in Newark NJ

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

Since this is a customer to customer forum you may want to submit your comments directly to Southwest, Contact Customer Relations 

--TheMiddleSeat

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

I'm with you on this one.  Loved going into Newark as opposed to the other NY airports.  

jksobonya
Aviator A

I remember reading when Southwest left this airport, and it made me nervous because PHL isn't that far away and PHL is mostly an American Airlines hub - over half the terminals are strictly AA. Southwest used to have spots in terminals D & E but now they are only in the E terminal, but they've taken over the entire end of the terminal. It's better than Jet Blue or Spirit that only have a couple of gates elsewhere in terminal E. 

--Jessica

5280Av8r
Frequent Flyer C

Don't take my word on this, but I think it's a possibility that Southwest could return to Newark when the terminal renovation projects are done, but in the meantime, Southwest looks to be focusing on some smaller and cheaper airports with sufficient demand to make a profit. 

DEN (CLT) Based | Aviation Enthusiast | Full of Passion for Southwest

loveyousw
Explorer C

It was a BIG mistake perpetrated by the inability and inexperience of the previous CEO. They were doing a successful business at EWR. I live in New York City area and as a Customer I prefer to take my flight through EWR. It is extremely convenient. With the return of Southwest to EWR, CEO Bob Jordan will show his ability and qualifications to be in that position. Come back to business Southwest. Come back to EWR!!!

chrisnyc1
Explorer C

Newark is ALWAYS my first choice airport when heading in or out of NYC.  Convenient, easy to navigate and great quick transportation to the city and all of Northern New Jersey.  Now that Spirit is merging and Frontier is leaving, slots and gates are opening.  Please return to Newark Southwest!!  The largest airline in the country only has a token presence in the most densely populated region of the country.  

loveyousw
Explorer C

It was a BIG mistake perpetrated by the inability and inexperience of the previous CEO. They were doing a successful business at EWR. I live in New York City area and as a Customer I prefer to take my flight through EWR. It is extremely convenient. With the return of Southwest to EWR, CEO Bob Jordan will show his ability and qualifications to be in that position. Come back to business Southwest. Come back to EWR!!!