Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

We now know ORD and COS Destinations and Frequencies

dfwskier
Aviator A

Apparently added to the schedule last night ...

ORD-BNA/BWI/DAL/DEN/PHX
-BNA-4x
-BWI-4x
-DAL-4x
-DEN-6x
-PHX-2x
=20 daily

COS-DAL/DEN/LAS/MDW/PHX
-DAL-3x
-DEN-4x
-LAS-2x
-MDW-2x
-PHX-2x
=13 daily

I look forward to flying DAL/COS  - haven't done that since the days of Western Pacific

Admittedly, COS/DEN does surprise me.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: We now know ORD and COS Destinations and Frequencies

bec102896
Aviator A

Surprised they aren't doing a ORD-MCO or ORD-LAS. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

COS to DEN is surprising, but also not considering DEN is a major connection point for the western US into the Southwest network.  This is actually great news and means in theory I wouldn't have to drive up to DEN to get a flight just because it doesn't have a non-stop out of COS.  United has had a monopoly on the COS-DEN route and fares were always insane.

I booked the first COS-DEN flight of the day on March 11.  From what I see it is the first SW departure from COS so that should be fun.

--TheMiddleSeat

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

🤔  I've made this comment in the past, and I'm sorry I'm not the world traveler that some of you are.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm guessing I'm in the majority here, but, not all of us are airport acronym savvy,  can you making make a suggestion at what city you're talking about when the letters don't match the city.  Yes, in some cases I can figure them out.  ABQ, for Albuquerque, MIA, for Miami, but many like ORD, COS, I have no idea, so I have to take the time to google it when I'd rather read a post and just know.  I've always on my posts included the city name with the airport code when I make a post.  Appreciate it. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@SWFlyer007 wrote:

🤔  I've made this comment in the past, and I'm sorry I'm not the world traveler that some of you are.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm guessing I'm in the majority here, but, not all of us are airport acronym savvy,  can you making make a suggestion at what city you're talking about when the letters don't match the city.  Yes, in some cases I can figure them out.  ABQ, for Albuquerque, MIA, for Miami, but many like ORD, COS, I have no idea, so I have to take the time to google it when I'd rather read a post and just know.  I've always on my posts included the city name with the airport code when I make a post.  Appreciate it. 

Sure. I'll start

ORD(Chicago)-BNA/BWI/DAL/DEN/PHX
-BNA-4x -Nashville
-BWI-4x - Baltimore
-DAL-4x - Dallas
-DEN-6x -Denver
-PHX-2x - Phoenix
=20 daily

COS (Colorado Springs)-DAL/DEN/LAS/MDW/PHX
-DAL-3x - Dallas
-MDW-2x - Chicago
-PHX-2x - Phoenix
-DEN-4x - Denver
-LAS-2x - Las Vegas
=13 daily

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

@dfwskier  You're always so helpful..

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

I forget when it's my own local - ORD = O'Hare as opposed to MDW = Midway

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.