Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Website access

aulwilso
Explorer C

I cannot access Southwest.com in Thailand. I've tried in 3 locations, on Chromebook and mobile phone wifi. What's up with this? I see other threads with people having issues, too. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Website access

bec102896
Aviator A

It's been a known issue that those outside the United States are unable to access the Southwest website. 

the best thing you can do would be to call Southwest by phone and you can find the contact numbers Here 

Hope this helps

Blake 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@aulwilso wrote:

I cannot access Southwest.com in Thailand. I've tried in 3 locations, on Chromebook and mobile phone wifi. What's up with this? I see other threads with people having issues, too. 

Things that have worked for other people:

1) Use the Southwest phone app via cell data and NOT wifi

2) Access the website via a US baed VPN.

Traveler54
Explorer C

I am in Thailand. When I return to LAX I wish to fly on to LAS using SWA and I cannot access the website from my apartment WiFi. I saw one post that suggested using a smart phone cellular data to access the SWA App to book the flight. This appears to work. Using the smart phone is less efficient than using an iPad or Laptop which both have keyboards. It seems in the past I have made reservations using WiFi from overseas to access the website. The app on either iPhone or iPad or the website via laptop over wifi, only using cellular data does it seem possible. Is this more secure than WiFi?

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Traveler54 wrote:

I am in Thailand. When I return to LAX I wish to fly on to LAS using SWA and I cannot access the website from my apartment WiFi. I saw one post that suggested using a smart phone cellular data to access the SWA App to book the flight. This appears to work. Using the smart phone is less efficient than using an iPad or Laptop which both have keyboards. It seems in the past I have made reservations using WiFi from overseas to access the website. The app on either iPhone or iPad or the website via laptop over wifi, only using cellular data does it seem possible. Is this more secure than WiFi?

Hi glad to hear the the app utilizing cellular data works for you. To answer your question, acutally, cellular data is more secure than wi-fi. Wi-fi from your personal router is secure, but public wi-fi is not