Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

What cities would y'all like to see?

5280Av8r
Frequent Flyer C

I'm curious to know all the cities/airports that Southwest customers want to see added. There is no answer to this as it's all out of pure curiosity. I like to do some analysis in the airline industry, so I may use responses for my own analysis. Feel free to comment your suggestions!

DEN (CLT) Based | Aviation Enthusiast | Full of Passion for Southwest
4 REPLIES 4

Re: What cities would y'all like to see?

jksobonya
Aviator A

I just want nonstops from PHL > LAS back 😉 

Haven't had them since 2019. 

--Jessica

MilesAway
Explorer C

Greensboro NC, Roanoke VA

Smaller regional airports are often underutilized because of high fares and limited direct flights. We are booked for 4 flights with Southwest this year and will drive 3 hours each way while passing these close to home options. 

It is easy to track traffic and connecting flights for each airport and know these are considered in expansion strategies. I hope data is available on missed opportunities for the regional airports who are actually first choice but often lose to the major hubs hours away.  Our local airport pleads for use so that more airlines/flights will come, but while flights are multiple times the cost and connecting, we drive to DC or Raleigh. I do not love that we are part of the problem.

bec102896
Aviator A

I'd like to see Daytona Beach FL 

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

This has gone around the block so many times, but more international trips would be nice.