Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

When will SW fly to Costa Rica again?

TheMicMic
Explorer C

Have there been any updates on if/when Southwest will begin flying to Costa Rica again?  I'm hoping to go in November.  The last updates to the "offical page" were made  on May 6th.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: When will SW fly to Costa Rica again?

bec102896
Aviator A

As of now there is no confirmed date to resume service to Costa Rica I would keep checking the COVID 19 updates page for future updates. 

A lot of the other international service is suspended until at least July 1st so my guess would be that service wont resume until July 1st at the earliest but I don't know an exact date. 

-Blake

bec102896
Aviator A

Southwest just announced on June 17th that under the current plan flights to Costa Rica will not resume until November 1st *date is subject to change 

-Blake

luvpetunia
Explorer C

I have been holding out getting flights for my Costa Rica vacation booked for Xmas 2021 hoping that service would resume, but with things being moved back to November....that might not be a wise course of action. I may have to book with another airline. Does anyone have an idea of when tickets might go on sale for SW flights after November?

dfwskier
Aviator A

Southwest is behaving as it normally behaves by opening the schedule to dates about 8 months out.

You can normally find the date of the next schedule update on the linked page, but the airline apparently has not picked a date yet.

https://www.southwest.com/air/flight-schedules/index.html?clk=GFOOTER-FLY-FLTSCHEDULES