Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

When wll southwest bring back its pre covid schedule to seattle??

Will0329
Explorer B

After the pandemic started in March 2020 I had to switch from using southwest airlines to fly from seattle to burbank,California to Alaska air.

Since July 2015 I had been flying southwest airlines from seattle to burbank,California. 

Since the pandemic started southwest cut their flight schedules from seattle to burbank big time.

Before the pandemic it used to be from seatle to burbank took 4 to 4.5 hours with a connection in Oakland, sjc or smf.

With southwests new pandemic schedule Mos flights from seattle to burbank,California take 7 or 8 hours with connections in places like Denver which doesn't make sense.

For almost the past year I have been flying Alaska air non stop from seattle to burbank.

Unfortunately I have alot of southwest airlines credit that expires at the end of 2021 that I want to use before it expires.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: When wll southwest bring back its pre covid schedule to seattle??

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Currently Southwest has published the schedule through August 16, 2021.  While it's possible, it is not extremely likely flights would be added to the schedule that has already been announced.  Until the next schedule extension occurs (at a currently unknown date) you'll just have to keep checking for flights to see if any better options pop up.  In my quick searching I did see there is at least one flight from SEA to BUR under 4 hours every day.  While the timing of those flights might not be what you are looking for, there is at least one shorter option.

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: When wll southwest bring back its pre covid schedule to seattle??

dfwskier
Aviator A

I believe the answer to your question is "When there is enough demand to add the fights."

When will that be? Sorry, I don't have a working crystal ball.