Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Where are the Nonstop Flights from PHL to MCO?

Kbalibrando
Explorer C

We typically always price check, then book our PHL to MCO flights anywhere from 4-8 weeks out. For our end of June trip though I’m not seeing any nonstop flights between these airports right now with SW. Is this typical for these months with SW? Will they release any nonstop flights closer to the date? Thanks! 

14 REPLIES 14

Re: Where are the Nonstop Flights from PHL to MCO?

dfwskier
Aviator A

Since this is a customer forum, it is unlikely that anyone here can answer your question.

You can tell SW that you'd like to see the route reinstated by clicking on "contact us" below.

The problem is that the airline is short both planes and crew. Expected 737's were not delivered while retirements of worn out planes continued. Plus, over the last 2 years the airline added a bunch of new cities. The combination of the above led to more connecting flights and fewer non stops on some routes.

jksobonya
Aviator A

Getting nonstop flights anywhere out of Philly is like seeing Big Foot in real life - impossible lol. The farther you travel, the more likely you are to have flights with stops. Cities that seem to have a decent amount of nonstops still is Chicago and Nashville. 

Try looking at non-peak days, though. Sunday June 26 MCO > PHL does not have any nonstops, but Saturday June 25 has several, but they are pricy thanks to the state of the world / rising gas costs / etc. Nearly $700 roundtrip to/from MCO is absurd ... 

--Jessica

CupCrusher40
Frequent Flyer B

Hopefully bonus flights

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A

Looks like there are multiple non-stop flights on Saturdays only, the rest of the week there no non stops on their schedule

5280Av8r
Frequent Flyer C

This is a leisure focused route, so Southwest seems to be operating 4 nonstop flights on Saturdays during the end of June and probably throughout the summer. Compared to now where they have daily flights between the pair. 

https://www.southwest.com/air/flight-schedules/results.html?departureDate=2022-06-19&destinationAirp...

-Andrew E

DEN Based | Aviation Enthusiast

DEN (CLT) Based | Aviation Enthusiast | Full of Passion for Southwest

jksobonya
Aviator A

This isn't MCO but I am looking at flights from PHL to MIA or FFL in September and the flight paths are just ... insane. How are there no nonstops at all? This should be a < 3 hour nonstop flight but some of the routes literally have me going from PHL to CHICAGO to BALTIMORE to FLORIDA. Almost a 12 hour trip that should take 3. Another good one going home is FFL to DALLAS to ST LOUIS to PHILLY. 

Make it make sense lol.

American has nonstops, SWA ... don't make me pick AA! 

--Jessica

jksobonya
Aviator A

The more I think about this the angrier I get lol. 

How can American have multiple daily nonstops to FL airports but Southwest has literally none? MCO nonstops on Saturdays only? It makes zero sense honestly. 

--Jessica

dfwskier
Aviator A

Unfortunately, this a result of not enough planes and not enough crew.

SW is supposed to get 114 737MAXs before end of year. Maybe that will help.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Perhaps Southwest doesn't have them because AA does. If Southwest knows it can't succeed on the route why would it take on AA? Southwest is going to put the planes somewhere else where they can make money.

--TheMiddleSeat