Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Where do you want to go? Try our Getaway Finder!

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Need a little travel inspiration? Give our "Getaway Finder" a try and let me know what you think! 

21 REPLIES 21

Re: Where do you want to go? Try our Getaway Finder!

imsherylt
Explorer B

I LUV the Getaway Finder! It helps me find the cheapest fares when I want to travel because my time is flexible. 

sbannerman
Explorer C

I used the Getaway Finder all the time and loved it.  Where did it go?  It isn't available for the new March dates.

analuz
Explorer C

Can international travel of off mianland travel be added to the map?

publife
Explorer C

Where did this go??  The link disappeared from the main page a couple weeks ago, but my bookmark and this link still worked.  Now I get a 'The page is not found." error message!

You guys also don't play nice with Google, so now our 'quick weekend getaway to anywhere' searches won't include Southwest.  Bring it back, quickly!

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Looks like it's gone.

publife
Explorer C

I know!  I'm all kinds of unhappy about it!  I did find the similar 'destination finder' map, but the points costs it quotes aren't even close to accurate, and certainly aren't good predictors of what costs might be on a particular set of dates.  

Anyone from Southwest able to chime in and tell us where this handy tool - that you were plugging just three months ago - disappeared to?  

I often just booked WN blindly if I thought the rates it pulled up were reasonable enough - now I'm back to Google Flights, and it's not worth the hassles to manually search each WN pair.  We like just running away for a long weekend fairly frequently, and it looks like Spirit and their big front seats are going to get a lot more of our business in the near future =/

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Dead. And not coming back, apparently.

getaway finder dead dead.png

AboveTheClouds
Explorer C

Oh, I've never used it. Too bad it's gone 😞

poejunior
Explorer C

There is HOPE! Screen Shot 2017-08-26 at 2.01.18 PM.png