Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

all flights cancelled to Costa Rica !

FajnyRuben
Explorer C

I booked a trip from Denver to Liberia, CS in November few months back. I logged in today only to realize the trip end in Houston, TX and the last leg of the trip was removed without any notice (!). I called the CS which informed me that all trips to Costa Rica has been cancelled until next year.

Which is shocking - because there is no mention on this on SW website anywhere. Also all major airlines resumed flights, and CR officially opened to all US states, starting Nov 1st.

I am so confused and disappointed with how my fav airline handled this. At least send me an email telling me you are removing my ticket? What about my hotels that were booked, cars rented, trips planned. Jesus Christ, what a mess, Southwest!

6 REPLIES 6

Re: all flights cancelled to Costa Rica !

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Email probably went to you junk email folder, it happens often with these notices.  Thankfully most hotels and other travel related companies are very flexible on cancelling if that's what you decide to do.

--TheMiddleSeat

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

I had my dream trip to Cozumel cancelled and no flights as of yet until April are going.  my trip is banked for a future trip.  But it is what it is.   I wonder why Cozumel hasn't been added back on as you can do Cancun and Cabo?  But I roll with the flow until a vaccine is ready. 

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

Things are constantly changing due to demand and safety, so wings crossed new flights open soon. 

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

YZNHMR
Explorer C

The exact thing happened to me, no notification, nothing. We just happened to notice in the SW app flight was canceled.

2.5 hours on the phone, 3 different people, no one has a clue, and "I'm sorry" over and over again. I "had" 2 trips booked to CR one in 4 weeks and one in 3 months. Both gone now.

American has a round trip for $600 each. UGH, but what choice do I have?

I love SW , but this time you have caused me issue, with NO help. Agent "sorry" doesnt help...GRRR

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@YZNHMR What besides "sorry" are you expecting?  There are no Southwest flights, it's not like they could magically make a flight appear for you.

--TheMiddleSeat

Vtribble1
Explorer C

Same thing happened to me.   Our 30th Anniversary is Nov 2.   I had booked back in April Nov2-7 and when I went out 2 month's ago to check the departure was gone but had the return.   Called CS and they couldn't explain as to why I wasn't contacted.   As far as I can tell SW has dropped Costa Rica.