Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

booking an international flight

skidaddy74012
Explorer C

I cannot book an international flight from Tulsa to anywhere on Southwest! The website will not allow it. Go to Delta, American, United and no problems. Why can't Southwest fix this problem. Anyone have a solution?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: booking an international flight

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

I was able to find flights from Tulsa to Cabo, Belize, and Puerto Vallarta, other international destinations should work as well. I would suggest you use the Low Fare Calendar to search, that way you can easily see days that flights are available. Searching on a specific date can be be difficult and lead to errors if no flights are available on the particular day you searched. With the calendar you can quickly see what days are available. 

The Low Fare Calendar is here: https://www.southwest.com/flight/shortcut/low-fare-search.html?clk=GSUBNAV-AIR-LFCLNDR

Let me know if you are looking for something specific and you're still having trouble. 

moyerles
Explorer C

The Middle Seat: that doesn't work for many international flights with Tulsa origination points. I don't know why, but it doesn't. 

dpat
Explorer C

I am running into the same issue. Can't book a flight to anywhere in the Caribbean. Southwest - what gives? What good are my points if I can't use them?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@dpat If you'd like some help you'll need to say where you're departing from and what months you want to travel. 

moyerles
Explorer C

I fly out of Tulsa and have the EXACT same problem. Some international destinations are available for online booking, but most are not.  I'd like to plan SEVERAL international trips in the upcoming year, but I would like to do so on-the-fly, so to speak--compare different destinations, hotels, etc., so don't really want to call SWA every time I'm just "window shopping".  WHY IS THIS A THING????  PLEASE get this worked out, SWA!!  

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Check out this post for an explanation of why it's sometimes not possible to book international flights from smaller markets such as Tulsa.

https://www.southwestaircommunity.com/t5/International-Travel/Flights-from-Punta-Cana/m-p/64759/high...

While it doesn't "fix" the problem, at least there's an explanation.