Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

luggage

emma_mckenzi
Explorer C

LITERALLY WHY IS THE LUGGAGE SO FAR BEHIND???? i literally landed in san diego and MY LUGGAGE IS STILL IN BALTIMORE

5 REPLIES 5

Re: luggage

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

This is a customer to customer forum.  Your best bet for this situation is to speak with staff at the airport.

Further comments can be addressed directly to Southwest here:

Contact Customer Relations 

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

To file a complaint, do what themiddleseat suggested.

To help you understand why it might be happening, Southwest has been hit with two massive systems problems; one yesterday and a second one today. As a result lots of flights were cancelled or delayed. I suspect the outages were also a shock to the baggage systems.

The whole system was a mess.

jksobonya
Aviator A

@emma_mckenzi wrote:

LITERALLY WHY IS THE LUGGAGE SO FAR BEHIND???? i literally landed in san diego and MY LUGGAGE IS STILL IN BALTIMORE

How would you know that? And why didn't your luggage get on the plane with you? So many questions. 

--Jessica

emma_mckenzi
Explorer C

i know that cause that’s what san diego airport told me and my flight was cancelled yesterday and it was supposed to be on one of the flights this morning but not necessarily the one i took jessica

bec102896
Aviator A

Sorry your bag is delayed your best bet is to deal with the airport baggage service office that way they can file a report and hopefully set your bag up for delivery when it arrives. 

today has not been a good day for Southwest so just be a little patient and they will get you reunited with your bag as soon as possible. 

-Blake