Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

what's your most complicated swa itinerary?

bgubs14
Frequent Flyer C

I often find myself finding southwest flights that are more affordable through indirect routes and have fun in other cities for a day or so before my final city. My most recent was mdw-hou-den-sfo. anyone else?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: what's your most complicated swa itinerary?

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

I have intentionally done some long unusual routings myself my most recent one being AUS-EWR-SAN-LAS it was a long day but got 2 flight dents towards re earning A List and well it met my goal of taking my longest southwest flight which was the EWR-SAN flight (6 hour 20min gate to gate) 

i have also done a RT in a day where I went LAS-AUS-DAL-ELP-PHX-OKC-HOU-AUS all started at 9pm Vegas time arriving in Austin at 5:30pm central (3:30pm Vegas time next day) that was my longest string of flights but that was my goal and the way I booked it it was $199, got me 3 A List credits, and got me a stop in a new airport that I had not flown to which was ELP. 

I have done some other crazy routes routes as well but those are a couple of my big highlights from this year so far. 

Blake 

rtbarron
Frequent Flyer A

I once left Dallas on a Saturday afternoon and flew DAL-HOU-LAS-SFO-LAX-HOU-DAL, arriving back in Dallas on Sunday morning. Part of the trip was on TranStar, which was owned by Southwest.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@bec102896 wrote:

i have also done a RT in a day where I went LAS-AUS-DAL-ELP-PHX-OKC-HOU-AUS all started at 9pm Vegas time arriving in Austin at 5:30pm central (3:30pm Vegas time next day) that was my longest string of flights but that was my goal and the way I booked it it was $199, got me 3 A List credits, and got me a stop in a new airport that I had not flown to which was ELP. 

You are my hero @bec102896

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.