Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

why no more non stop flights from any San Fran airports to Baltimore?

cclusman
Explorer C

Imagine my surprise when I went to book my unaccompanied minor grandson's annual trip to visit us for the summer and there are NO no stop flights from San Fran, Oakland, San Jose or Sacramento, California. As an unaccompanied minor he must fly non stop or one stop with no plane change (there aren't any of those either). In the past I could always count on Southwest to provide great flight times and special service for him flying alone. What gives SWA?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: why no more non stop flights from any San Fran airports to Baltimore?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Routes and schedules change throughout the year based on demand.  It appears non-stop service from OAK-BWI begins early September.  There are direct flights OAK-BWI in June.  I stopped looking after that since you did not provide any specifics about dates other than "summer".

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

Sorry about your surprise

The probable answer to your question s is "there is insufficient demand for the flight." Thus there is no flight.

You can contact the airline, and tell it you'd like that flight to be added.

ttps://community.southwest.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Submitting-a-Suggestion-and-or-Complaint/ta-p/87244

5280Av8r
Frequent Flyer C

Southwest has a flight schedule search page where you can search, well flight schedules: https://www.southwest.com/air/flight-schedules/results.html?departureDate=2021-06-26&destinationAirp...

I did a search and found it odd that southwest only had four flights schedules for the whole summer between Oakland and Baltimore. Not sure why that is, but here are the days that I found with nonstop flights:

June 22, 23, 24, 30

DEN (CLT) Based | Aviation Enthusiast | Full of Passion for Southwest