Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

2023 Flight Attendant Application “In Process”

bethanyhanson41
Explorer C

My name is Bethany Kate Hanson, I applied for the flight attendant opening back on Jan 23rd of this year. All the emails I have gotten said they have received my application and whenever I check the website (which is I do almost everyday) it says “In Process”. I was wondering if that means they haven’t viewed it yet and if that’s a bad thing I’d rather them go ahead and tell me if I am not going to make the cut! I have a few flight attendant friends that said to use your middle name for airline stuff and I put my preferred name as Kate but put in my official name on the documents, I am wondering if that messed up my application as well. I’m nervous and I just want to hear some news at this point, I’ve heard about people on Glassdoor getting interviews days after the application closed and CJOs, so I’m just wondering if by now it’s a lost cause? 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: 2023 Flight Attendant Application “In Process”

1-877-412-0329
Explorer C

can we do that here. I know someone who needs same.

Re: 2023 Flight Attendant Application “In Process”

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

Hi there, @bethanyhanson41!

Thanks so much for reaching out and for your interest in joining our Southwest Family as a Flight Attendant! Our January posting received a ton of interest, and our Teams are still working to review each and every application and Candidate who applied - even if your name isn't an exact match to your official documents. Our Teams can always help to get that corrected with you upon interviewing! 

With that in mind, it does appear that our Teams emailed you an update on May 10 to the email address you used when applying. Be sure you check your junk/spam folders, just in case the email was filtered to one of those places!