Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

A Little Disappointed

BreeArnaud
Explorer C

It has been a dream of mine for some time now to work for Southwest Airlines. The time finally came around for me to apply. I set an alarm for the day and time that the Job Posting would be available. I think I beat my own personal best and finished the online application in 15 minutes. I then received the link to answer more questions for my application. After sending that off, I received a phone call to set up my phone interview. I was so excited, you guys have no idea. While the interview was only about 25 minutes, I could have stayed on that phone and talked about the company, and the customers for hours.

While on the phone, I was set up for my face to face interview. I planned my hairstyle, outfit, and makeup look for days. I have always been a fan of SWA's colors, so I made sure that my accessories matched the colors. A blue bracelet, red purse and some yellow eyeshadow just to add some flare to my interview attire. My interview was bright and early. So I set an early alarm to give me enough time to get ready, take the 20 minute drive to the airport and to find parking. Leaving early gave me 30 minutes before my interview started.

Aw, I was so excited but nervous that day. I do the Face-to-Face with the manager that day, and a nice lady over the phone. From my knowledge everything went great. I knew that the company had some other interviews to do and that I would have to wait for their decision. Sadly, I just received notice that I was not selected this go around. While I am very sadden by the decision, I will not give up. 

This has been my dream since I was a little girl to work for South West Airlines.

With my warrior spirit, I won't give up on that dream. 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: A Little Disappointed

derekc
Adventurer C

Dont give up I had the same thing happen to me back in December thought I did good but ended up not getting then I got a 2nd opportunity on Wednesday and then Thursday I got offered the job so if O can do it I know you can

BreeArnaud
Explorer C

Trying to stay optimistic about it. Thank you for your encouraging words. 

derekc
Adventurer C

One thing I will say is you definitely need to work their core values of the Warrior Spirit Having a Servants heart and having a fun luving attitude into your interview answers I think that was what put me over the top

Shondabbrown
Adventurer C

Apply! Apply! Apply ! I can truly understand how you feel the same thing happened to me on Feb 11, 2020 in Chicago the interview was excellent . I was honored to be selected for a face to face interview but when l received the email that l was not selected l was crushed 💔l was clean as well , l even had a Southwest pin on. I was confident but not over confident there were other interviews conducted that day as well. One thing l will tell you be positive and let them know you love people like to have fun and would bring a positive spirit to the airlines. Keep up the good work just think some never get called for the interview.  Spring will be in the air again ♥️💙💛head up be ready for the next take off✈️😊

Passenger1C
Aviator C

@BreeArnaud  the advantage you now have is you know what to expect. Keep researching the role and think back to the questions you were asked.

Keep up the great attitude and don’t give up. 

The next time you interview, I have a feeling your end result will be different. 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion