Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

A&P mechanic for Dallas & Phoenix

Hdcjmartin
Explorer C

Hey everyone! I applied for an A&P mechanic spot in both Phoenix and Dallas. I just got the update email basically stating that the job requisitions are now closed and they are beginning to review applications. My question is from this point forward how long should I expect to wait before I hear anything? Also, how will the telephone interview work as well as the in person interview if I'm not local? 

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies, it is much appreciated! Hoping and praying I land this job. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: A&P mechanic for Dallas & Phoenix

RobbieKing
Explorer C

I have submitted for the DAL location. I have received the same email communication as well. Holding out for my next step to be given! Day in the Field maybe? 

williamh
Employee
Employee

Thanks for reaching out! We receive quite a bit of interest for most positions, so the initial review of applications can take 30 days or so. We do our best to get through them quicker, but depending on the volume of applications, it can be a lengthy process.

As dor the phone interview, we generally conduct an initial phone call interview and then proceed to a video interview which is conducted over Microsoft Teams. More information will be provided via email if you're selected to proceed with a video interview. Thanks again for your interest! We're honored to know you chose to apply, and we hope to get to know you better soon!

Hi! I am one of the Moderators for the Southwest Careers board. See you around the Community!

William
Southwest Careers

mogakach
Explorer C

Have you heard anything back yet? I applied for an A&P position in DEN not long ago.