Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

ATP flight school 225 tract

jpd
Explorer C

My question(s) has a few different elements

i would actually like to speak with someone but couldn’t find a phone number on the 225 page.

im a houston based father of 3, interested in flight school and someone who likes the southwest culture.

i noticed that my local ATP flight school is an official sponsor of Southwest Airlines regional feeder.

The curve for me is that southwest’s credit union loan rates and terms are superior to ATP’s existing loan partners.

is there anyway I could go through my reputable, regional airline sponsored flight school with a commitment to southwest and leverage the southwest credit union to pay for and pay off flight school?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: ATP flight school 225 tract

dfwskier
Aviator A

I'd be very very surprised if the credit union would make a loan to someone who is not a credit union member.

Two ways to become a member

1) be  Southwest employee

2) apparently some non SW employees can gain membership thru an agreement that allows this. You should check your employer to see it it is one of them.

https://www.swacu.org/join/membership-eligibility.html

jpd
Explorer C

THANKS! 

aam29290
Explorer C

If we’re an employee do we automatically get to become a member of the credit union? 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@aam29290 wrote:

If we’re an employee do we automatically get to become a member of the credit union? 

That's the way it works in every place I am aware of.

aam29290
Explorer C

Oh nice I didn’t know that. I have credit that isn’t that good so I was wondering how that would work. I’ll have to look into joining. My start date is 5/1