Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

AUS Ramp Agent Training 10-24 / 10-31

kma113
Explorer C

Hi!

Wondering what the training schedule may look like for a Ramp Agent. Computer, OJT, Dallas?

I’ve read a few different posts mentioning computer for one week then OJT and then Dallas for 4 dates?

Thanks in advance!

6 REPLIES 6

Re: AUS Ramp Agent Training 10-24 / 10-31

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

So you’ll do all your classroom/computer training the first week; some call it ‘federal week’. Then you’ll have a few weeks of OJT. It depends on how your station schedules you, but it’ll probably be 3-4 weeks after you start OJT. For rampers, we go to Dallas on Sunday and come back on Thursday night! You’ll only have class Mon-Thurs while in Dallas. Good luck and have fun!

kma113
Explorer C

Awesome!

Thank you so much for your reply!

Out of curiosity is the class room/computer training on site or virtual and during a certain shift?

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

It’s onsite and about a 0730-1600 schedule. Slightly earlier than banker’s hours. 

And you’re welcome!

ipacheco86
Explorer C

I applied for the ramp agent in Austin myself, I did everything. Drug test, finger prints and background through Sterling. Now I’m just waiting on them to clear. I’m on day 6. Do you know how long they take to get back the results? 

thank you! 

kma113
Explorer C

Hi!

My screening took about 5 days for it to clear and about 7 days for the actual job offer

Are you just waiting on clearance?

ipacheco86
Explorer C

Nice! Yeah just waiting on clearance. I got it done on the 5th.