Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Advice after applying...

chasfan411
Explorer C

Hello everyone! So job hunting in the middle of the pandemic has been the craziest time. So I'm trying to think outside the box here. Does anyone have any advice on how to get through to talk to an actual human for a job? The seemingly endless waiting for computer algorithms to select your file is getting to me so I figured I'd ask for advice before I try the old fashioned approach where I just start showing up places with my resume. 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Advice after applying...

Passenger1C
Aviator C

@chasfan411  I think most of us who have applied to a job hate the waiting game and want to hear back immediately.  Keep in mind there are tons of people applying to a single position, and the hiring process is detailed. 

With rising covid cases again, I would not recommend showing up to any company unannounced with your resume. In my opinion that might leave the wrong impression during the pandemic. Many companies still have employees working remotely to limit in person interactions. 

The most important thing you can do now is practice patience. If your resume aligns with the job you applied for, you will hear back soon enough. 

Good luck to you with your job hunt. 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion