Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

After F2F interview?

blackberet
Explorer C

Hello all!

I am stoked by the possibility of being part of the Southwest Airlines family!
I was invited to attend a F2F interview at IAD for a Full Time Operations Agent (Req. No. 2018-23644) position. The interview took place on 07/06/2018. I thought the interview was most pleasant and have remained very positive about my candidature. I have seen posts here saying candidates were finger-printed right after the F2F interview, but this did not happen in my case.
It is now 07/24/2018 and I have still not received any news. My application status still shows "Under Review" on the Dashboard.

What is the typical time-line to hear back from SWA?Is it advisable to try and contact the recruiter who interviewed me?
I really look forward to some insight.
Cheers and have a LUVly day!

6 REPLIES 6

Re: After F2F interview?

rtbarron
Frequent Flyer A

Recruiters generally tell candidates that they will hear back within two weeks but some exceptionally strong candidates are given conditional offers immediately after their interviews. Candidates that are not hired are notified within one or two weeks by e-mail. This leaves a group of good candidates who are kept in consideration pending the outcome of the employeement screenings of those already offered positions. It sounds to me like you are in this group.

If unfilled positions still remain after the initial candidates are screened, you may be notified and given a conditional offer. Otherwise, you'll be notified that you were not selected this time.

I suggest that you e-mail the recruiter who interviewed you and let them know that you're still interested in the position and are looking forward to their decision. In the meantime, remain patient and continue to submit bids for other Southwest positions that you're interested in and qualified for.

If you don't get it this time, keep trying! But if you do get it, Congratulations!

blackberet
Explorer C

Thank you, it seems like that might have been the case!

I heard back from the recruiter on 07/31 saying they wanted to move forward with me, and they sent me a "Contingent offer of employment."

Today, I went over to the SWA People's Dept at BWI for finger-printing and the drug test.

I hope the background check and all other formalities can be completed soon, I can't wait to receive confirmation that I'm officially part of the SWA family!

rtbarron
Frequent Flyer A
Solution

Congratulations!

You can expect the employment screening to take about a week. After successful completion of the screening, you'll receive your official Offer of Employment from Southwest.

Lisaluvsswa1
Explorer C

If you receive an employment offer, how long after that would you start flight attendant training?

IanLund1828
Explorer A

@Lisaluvsswa1

Hello! If it helps, I received my CJO yesterday 10/20 and my training starts at the end of March 2019. So 4-5 months. DEFINITELY worth the wait though, so stay strong! You got this!!!!

Ian L.

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @Lisaluvsswa1,

If you receive an offer of employment, our Team will then work to schedule you in a training class. It is not abnormal for these classes to be several weeks or even months out from the date of the employment offer.

Kelby
Southwest Careers