Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

After being terminated, how long do I have to wait to re-apply?

Adriel1983
Explorer C

I am sure this question has been asked over and over again, but in my case there is a history of my local management giving incorrect information. Upon termination, I was told health benefits would still be good/active either through the end of the month or through the end of the pay-period, which was incorrect. I had no coverage the following day after being terminated. Feeling a bit mis-treated, misinformed, and a bit blindsided by my termination I asked how long I would have to wait to re-apply again with the company and i was told 1 year. Is that true? I have read answers and replies to other's questions asking the same and there really doesn't seem to be any restriction on the time as long as you are qualified to re-apply and go through a re-hire process, which I am fully aware and makes perfect sense. Can someone please confirm if indeed there is a waiting time before once can re-apply? 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: After being terminated, how long do I have to wait to re-apply?

dfwskier
Aviator A

I suspect the answer varies based on exactly why you were terminated.

Re: After being terminated, how long do I have to wait to re-apply?

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

It does depend on the circumstances. You'll have to find out if you are even eligible to reapply. How you would find that out, I don't know. Find the number for headquarters and keep asking around, or just go to your station and see if you can just talk to someone.