Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Airport Code Test Excel Sheet?

Dillonm92
Adventurer C

Hey Everybody:

I'm creating some different things in Excel to help study and prepare for training and tests during my training phase next month after I start on the 20th. I choose to do certain things in Excel because I learn better for some reason. Anyway, I am making a spreadsheet for myself to where I have all city/states that SWA flies to/from in one column, and the next column over will be where I put the airport codes to test myself. If I put the correct 3 letter code, that box turns green automatically and so on and so forth. Would anyone else aside from myself use something like this? Again, I am just doing it for myself but would be happy to share.

16 REPLIES 16

Re: Airport Code Test Excel Sheet?

5280Av8r
Frequent Flyer C

That sounds interesting. I know a great deal of airport codes already considering I use them in my excel wishlist sheets for various airlines and airports. 

-Andrew E

DEN Based | Aviation Enthusiast

DEN (CLT) Based | Aviation Enthusiast | Full of Passion for Southwest

Laurat21
Explorer C

Hi. Can you share. I take these codes with me everywhere. So if I’m waiting at an appointment there I go studying these codes. 

Jlogan08
Explorer A

I would love to have as well 😊

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Dillonm92 wrote:

Hey Everybody:

I'm creating some different things in Excel to help study and prepare for training and tests during my training phase next month after I start on the 20th. I choose to do certain things in Excel because I learn better for some reason. Anyway, I am making a spreadsheet for myself to where I have all city/states that SWA flies to/from in one column, and the next column over will be where I put the airport codes to test myself. If I put the correct 3 letter code, that box turns green automatically and so on and so forth. Would anyone else aside from myself use something like this? Again, I am just doing it for myself but would be happy to share.

There's a game online you can do as well, search for "Airportle" it's like Wordle, but only three letters which are airport codes.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Jlogan08
Explorer A

I have a question about the airport code test. I am assuming you have already taken the test. Can you tell me if it’s multiple choice, or what to expect?  I’ve been studying daily but want to make sure I’m fully prepared since you have to pass test to continue on. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you 😊 

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

It's put it random order, kind of. They will give you the city, and you type in the code. It is not multiple choice, so make sure you know the codes backwards and forwards! 😀 

You'll also get practice tests beforehand, so you will know where you need to focus. 

Jlogan08
Explorer A

Perfect thank you so much 😊 

trigger10
Explorer C

I would like a copy sent to my email massage0856@yahoo.com

desmondrl
Adventurer A

1st of all, that would be cheating. 2nd, this class isn't tested on them, but we're told it would be really helpful to know them. 

And just because we're not getting tested on them, doesn't mean the next group won't be.