Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Airport Codes Training Aid

Dillonm92
Adventurer C

Good Evening Everybody:

I know in a previous post I mentioned about creating a training aid for airport codes, and I have the format down that I wanted to use, and wanted to share it with everybody and get feedback. This is being done in Excel, more so for me because I learn better with Excel, but everyone is welcome to use this when I am fully complete with it. As demonstrated in the attached photo, the City/States are in the left-hand column, with the column next to it for the airport codes. If the correct airport code is entered, the cell will automatically highlight green to signify the correct answer has been entered. Just sharing my progress so far, and I will add the full excel sheet to this thread when I am done with it. Thanks! 

Dillonm92_0-1653193825897.png

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Airport Codes Training Aid

Mchristian09
Explorer A

Nice! 

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

This would be amazing. I know I am probably asking too much, but any way it could randomize itself? That would make it perfect. 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Dillonm92 wrote:

Good Evening Everybody:

I know in a previous post I mentioned about creating a training aid for airport codes, and I have the format down that I wanted to use, and wanted to share it with everybody and get feedback. This is being done in Excel, more so for me because I learn better with Excel, but everyone is welcome to use this when I am fully complete with it. As demonstrated in the attached photo, the City/States are in the left-hand column, with the column next to it for the airport codes. If the correct airport code is entered, the cell will automatically highlight green to signify the correct answer has been entered. Just sharing my progress so far, and I will add the full excel sheet to this thread when I am done with it. Thanks! 

Dillonm92_0-1653193825897.png

This is not exactly the same thing, but you might enjoy this online game:

https://airportle.scottscheapflights.com/

My main resource here is a wikipedia page listing all the codes by starting letter. You can also browse wikipedia articles about list of largest airports, or list of airports by category. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.