Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Anyone hear anything yet about Flight Attendent positions?

Amici
Adventurer C

Anyone hear anything yet from the Feb 5th applications? Just curious if anyone happens to know what email it might come from? The apllication portal or directly from SOuthwest. Don’t want to miss anything. Anyone know how many apps were submitted? Heart

40 REPLIES 40

Re: Anyone hear anything yet about Flight Attendent positions?

KeithPitman
Adventurer A

Hi @Amici! I was just thinking about you yesterday and wondering if you heard back.... we corresponded some on the day the position opened for applying. 

When checking my status, it shows “under review” (and has been since 2/6)... but nothing more than that. It is my understanding the initial attempt will be done via phone call as opposed to an email. Some people in the community have received calls and phone interviews but many still have not. Best wishes to you! Hopefully we all hear something soon!

Best wishes!
Keith Pitman

Amici
Adventurer C

Thanks for the response, Keith. The waiting is always the hardest part! I figure they have lots and lots to go through. Here’s hoping for a phone call for both of us!

Giovanna

kelchrisjohnson
Adventurer C

Keith is right! 

I recieved a phone call on Feb. 9th to schedule a phone interview. As I missed the call, it went to voicemail. After getting back in contact with the SWA employee, we scheduled my phone interview for the 21st. The interview went well, and I was told that the first group being interviewed would hear back shortly via phone call once they came to their decision on who would be cut/have a f2f interview. I recieved an email confirming that from my interviewer. Now, I'm just waiting for that next step! 

You don't need to worry about not catching an email because they set it all up through telephone communications. Hope that helped a little bit with what you should keep an eye out for! 

Best of luck,

Kelsey

KeithPitman
Adventurer A
Glad to hear you got a call so quickly Kelsey! Out of curiosity, how quickly did you move through the application process on February 5? I am wondering if they are going through applications in order of “received” (at least that’s my hope since i still have not received a call). Best wishes to you and I’ll look forward to (hopefully) meeting you one day! Keith
Best wishes!
Keith Pitman

kelchrisjohnson
Adventurer C

@KeithPitman Morning, Keith! I started my application on the 5th immediately when the portal opened, but due to the site shutting down so many times I wasn't able to complete it until about 11 AM. So, it took roughly 2 hours. I immediately recieved the confirmation email that my application was successfully submitted (I notice some people had issues with a delay on that). The next day, the status changed to "Under Review". Hope that helps! 

@tchilson  Hey, T! I don't think it was so much what they were looking for. I think they're going in the order they recieved the applications. Trust me, I'm not special when it comes to my resume skills. I sent in a very standard application, with a few customer service jobs listed on my resume. 

The only other thing that I did that could have set me apart by a small margin was that I had been recommended by a flight attendant who has worked for the company for 16+ years. This didn't come into play until after I recieved my first call about scheduling an interview, though. I recieved a form I had to fill out on work history and all that. My interviewer uploaded that form to my portal after scheduling the interview, to be completed within the week. 

tchilson
Explorer C

hey thanks for responding.  where do u see the "under review " status? 

Tia  

KeithPitman
Adventurer A
Thanks so much @kelchrisjohnson! I had posted a reply the other day but it seems to have malfunctioned as i do not see it now. It took me probably the same amount of time to complete the online application roughly 2+ hours. Mine also moved to “under review” on February 6 but i have yet to receive a call. My brother is currently a SWA Flight Attendant for 13+ years... so i am hoping it helps. Did you notice if the call came from Dallas? I have gotten a handful of calls lately from places like Utah and Florida but sadly they were telemarketers... i dread answering the phone but don’t want to miss an opportunity. Anyway, best wishes to you and I’ll hold to the hope that we both make it and can meet one day!
Best wishes!
Keith Pitman

kelchrisjohnson
Adventurer C

@KeithPitman 

Keith, I'm sorry to say I have bad news from you on that front! It wasn't a Dallas number. My specific recruiter called from a Phoenix (602) phone line. Like I said before, though, if you miss your call, then they do leave a voicemail. So don't stress too much about it! It does mean that whenever you answer a strange number, you've gotta have your happy voice on haha. Good luck, and I also hope to one day be travelling the skies with you! 

Best,

Kelsey

KeithPitman
Adventurer A
@kelchrisjohnson Thank you so much again, Kelsey! I like to think i have my happy face on the few times I’ve answered.... and fortunately they were all telemarketing robots so i could simply hang up. And not really stressed but more anxiously awaiting. Enjoy your weekend! Keith
Best wishes!
Keith Pitman