Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Anyone hear anything yet about Flight Attendent positions?

tchilson
Explorer C

hey Kelsey.. congrats on the first interview..curious of what they r looking for to flag u as one so quickly.. any suggestions to how to get that application looked at some quickly? 

thanks 

T

jbethanynorton
Explorer C

Hi there!

I'm curious as to how you were able to apply for a flight attendant job? Is there a number or webpage that you could share with me?

Thanks!

Joannah

KeithPitman
Adventurer A
Hi Joannah, Unfortunately the Flight Attendant posting is currently closed. It’s best to keep up with the community portal and there should be advanced notice for when it comes around again. Or check the Southwest Careers website and set your parameters for a notification for when it is available... but please note it could easily be a year or so from now. Best wishes to you! Keith
Best wishes!
Keith Pitman

67jennifer
Adventurer C

Hi! Hoping someone can help..  I received and email stating that they reiceved my application.. I read that someone wrote theres changed to "under review" where do I see if mine is under review?

Thansk, Jennifer

KeithPitman
Adventurer A

@67jennifer - go to the Flight Attendant portal  https://flightattendants-southwest.icims.com/jobs  

and log in.... you should see the status on that page. Hope that helps!

Best wishes!
Keith Pitman

rkadlec
Explorer B

I am still anxiously awaiting for the phone call!  

KeithPitman
Adventurer A
You and me both @rkadlec! Keith
Best wishes!
Keith Pitman

Amici
Adventurer C

As an update @KeithPitman  @kelchrisjohnson I received an email from Southwest not long after posting this. I believe it was on Monday. The email was to fill out info regarding references and work history. My recruiter called the same day and I missed the call by seconds 😞 I think the recruit in groups by locale as mine was a 602 number as well. Finally chatted with him the next day to set up my phone interview on 3/30. I have two friends currently flying with SWA, one with 18 years experience and the other with 1 year. Both said it can take  up to 6 months for the first contact, it just depends how they grouped everyone. Perhaps they go in rounds according to how the applications come in, or it could be totally random, can’t tell. I hope you hear soon! 

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @Amici,

Congratulations on making it to this step in the process! To add a little clarity to the process, we do review Candidates in the order which their application was received. Due to the overwhelming amount of interest we receive, it can take several months to hear about next steps, depending on when the application was received. Best of luck on your upcoming phone interview!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

Amici
Adventurer C

@KelbyTansey Thank you. Looking forward to the interview process!