Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Application Denied ?

dfwskier
Aviator A

Some jobs require you to be a resident of a state. Did yours? If so, are you?

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

Hey there, @msydney434

So sorry for any confusion or disappointment surrounding your recent application. Upon review, when asked the question "If selected for the job you will be required to attend a full-time, paid training course in Dallas, TX for 11 days, with overnight stays required. Food, lodging and transportation during training are paid for by Southwest Airlines. Are you interested in a job with these requirements?" you indicated "no".

This answer disqualified your application from consideration, as training in Dallas, TX is a requirement for the position. If your answer was a mistake, we'd love to invite you to reapply when the position opens back up for applications! We are so appreciative of your interest in joining the Southwest Family! 

Lynn___
Explorer B

Hello Adrienne, is There anyway you can look into my application as well. I Feel like it was a error and I just want a fair chance on having a career with southwest.

dfwskier
Aviator A

If you want to hear from Adrienne you probably should use DM

Since Adrienne last responded in this thread 6 months ago, there is no guarantee she is in the same job she was in 6 months ago -- or even still with SW.

Lynn___
Explorer B

Ok Thankyou.

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

Happy Tuesday, @Lynn___ !

Happy to help! Looking at your Aircraft Appearance Technician (ATL), when asked the screening question "Are you authorized to work in the U.S. or will you have authorization to work in the U.S. by date of hire?" your answer was "no". This answer disqualified your application, as US work authorization is required for this role! 

You are welcome to reapply to this posting (using a different email address), if your answer was in error! I hope this helps - we really are so appreciative of your interest in a career with Heart!

Lynn___
Explorer B

Yes, Because that’s an error.

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

Mistakes happen! We always recommend double (or even triple) checking those answers as you fill out the questionnaires. 

Wishing you the best of luck, @Lynn___ !

Lynn___
Explorer B

It doesn’t Let me reply even after using a different email.

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

@Lynn___ , there should be no restrictions when applying with a different email address. 

What error message are you receiving?