Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Application/Interview process

erikamillman
Explorer C

I have done a lot of research on flight attendant jobs and the application/interview process, but what is Southwest's interview process like? I know that some airlines do video interviews where you are given questions and you have to send a video of yourself answering them, and some airlines have group interviews, private face to face interviews, etc.

Also, are you more likely to receive a response to your application the sooner you apply when the application window is open?

One last question, what is Southwest's tattoo policy for crew members? I don't personally have any issues if there is a "no tattoo" rule but I know that this is a common question that I would also like to know the answer to.

30 REPLIES 30

Re: Application/Interview process

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi, @erikamillman,

We are so excited to hear that you are interested in becoming a Flight Attendant for Southwest Airlines! Once your resume is submitted, it will be reviewed in the order it was received. The first step is a telephone interview. If selected from that point, you would move to an in-person interview that would be conducted by a Recruiter and a current SWA Flight Attendant. Applicants will also be required to pass a physical performance standards test. The process can take a while, so please be patient!

As part of our appearance standards policy for crew members, we do not allow any visible tattoos while wearing the uniform. It is a requirement that tattoos must be covered at all times. I hope that we will see your application the next time the Flight Attendant position is posted!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

mhodge1980
Explorer C

I just applied today but i have one question. For your work experience is it 5 years or 10 of your work history

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @mhodge1980,

You can provide your full work history on your resume and application. If you are selected to move forward in the process, you will be asked to complete the background application which lists five years of work history.

Kelby
Southwest Careers

Aggie1020
Explorer C

hi how do i apply i cant seem to find the actual application . please help

Kkekumu
Explorer C

Re: tattoos 

Do you have long sleeved uniforms and can they be worn year round.

Also piercing policy? Do you allow visible piercings

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @Kkekumu,

Thanks for your interest in joining our Team! The policy on tattoos and piercings is the same for all customer facing positions, which include both Flight Attendants and Customer Service Agents. Tattoos cannot be visible, however most full coverage uniform pieces can be worn all year.

Kelby
Southwest Careers

JainaC
Explorer C

Hi Kelby,

I am so excited about the possibility of becoming a flight attendant with Southwest Airlines. I applied for a flight attendant position back in February. The only response that I have received thus far is an email acknowledging that my application was received. I know that there were over 28,000 applications submitted and I can't imagine being one of the HR people who would have to go through them. My hat goes off to them. I was wondering where they are in the process? I know someone who also applied at that same time and has already gone through the process and been hired. Also, I was very excited to hear about the expansion of LAX and about Hawaii. I am excited to embark on a new journey in my life. My baby is getting ready to go off to college. 💣🤗😁😂😭(bitter sweat). I will be an empty nester. 💆‍♀️💅👄Are they still considering applicants?🛫🙏

Aggie1020
Explorer C

Hello yes i absolutely am still interested in becoming a flight attendant with siuthwest. Please help me with the proper steps . thank you

Breona21
Explorer C

Hi I was wondering when Southwest Airlines will be hiring for flight Attendant and how can I complete a application