Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Application/Interview process

Aggie1020
Explorer C

Hi i had applied few montha back do i need to reapply. Please help me i am so eager to join southwest team.  Thank u

DfDrPepper_23
Frequent Flyer C

@Aggie1020

Didn't you get the phone calls or had a interview? I supposed that you just had a interview and you were told that you are being turned down. You will have to wait for a year to apply for the SWA job. I have been there twice..

James94525
Adventurer C

Hi Kelly, 

Is facial hair/beards allowed? I never see them in the commercials or website photos. Yes I have a goatee. I am waiting to apply as flight attendant, I was engcougred by two flight attendants I drove to the airport. I am a young 60, may as well start living!

James

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hey James94525,

Thanks for your interest in joining our Team! While in uniform, Male Employees may have facial hair as long as it is kept neat and trimmed. Click the "Spoiler" tab in this link for more FAQs about being a Flight Attendant with Southwest Airlines! Best of luck.

Kelby
Southwest Careers

James94525
Adventurer C

Sorry for misspelling your name Kelby

Breona21
Explorer C

Hi I would like when Southwest will be opening their hiring window for Flight Attendant. Im very interested in becoming a Flight Attendant.

Maritzalmq
Explorer C

Hi my name is Maritza and I am subscribe to southwest careers because is my dream to work with airlines. 

I been applied just a few times due to the openings in my area are not that many Washington, Maryland area but I recently applied for a open position and I would like to know any tips or any information that I should consider when I submit any application in order to be a candidate to work with southwest airlines.

Thank you in advance 

Have a wonderful day! 

@KelbyTansey wrote:

Hi, @erikamillman,

We are so excited to hear that you are interested in becoming a Flight Attendant for Southwest Airlines! Once your resume is submitted, it will be reviewed in the order it was received. The first step is a telephone interview. If selected from that point, you would move to an in-person interview that would be conducted by a Recruiter and a current SWA Flight Attendant. Applicants will also be required to pass a physical performance standards test. The process can take a while, so please be patient!

As part of our appearance standards policy for crew members, we do not allow any visible tattoos while wearing the uniform. It is a requirement that tattoos must be covered at all times. I hope that we will see your application the next time the Flight Attendant position is posted!

Iloveme3
Explorer C

Hello,

I applied for the call center position here in Chicago two days ago. How long does the process take for me to get a response? Also, I never got a confirmation email because I entered the incorrect email but I updated it. How can ensure that I receive emails from a recruiter?

Moyerk47
Explorer C

Hi I have tattoos. Some visible. Is there uniforms that cover arms and legs?

Thanks 

Kimberly K. Moyer

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @Moyerk47,

Our Employees have several uniforms options, including options that meet the guidelines you asked about.

Kelby
Southwest Careers