Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Application/Interview process

JC34
Explorer A

Re: Tattoos...

I am a person who is not big on telling lies, white lies, untruths, etc....if asked, I would 100% answer truthfully.  For me, it's the only way I can operate and be an honest person to myself and others.   

Would my honesty be an automatic disqualification re: tattoos?

kelchrisjohnson
Adventurer C
Solution

@JC34 From everything I've heard, honesty is the best policy! You won't be faulted for having tattoos. They just need to be able to be covered by the uniform. 

hleesc
Explorer A

Just out of curiosity. I applied for 2 position ramp agent and appearance tech. Whats the process on either position. I applied for both of them on June 8. I have heard so many good and positive feed back about the company. Hopefully i will be to share the LUV.

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @hleesc,

Thanks for applying to join our Team! The normal process is that after submitting your application, our Recruiters will review resumes and then move selected Candidates on to a phone screen. Candidates that successfully complete that step will be invited for an in-person interview, and hiring decisions will be made after that. It is normal for it to take 4-6 weeks (or longer) to receive contact from our Recruiters, as they are hard at work reviewing many resumes! Just to make sure we don't miss you, please regularly check your Inbox, Spam/Trash box, and your voicemail at the contact number you provided when applying. Best of luck on both roles!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

hleesc
Explorer A

Thank you so much Kelby. Patience is a virtue and i have heard so many good things about to conpany. I want to share the LUV as well. Thank for making me feel at ease. Being in tge airline and hospitality has similarities always take care of the customer. Service is key. 

mesubedcarson
Explorer C

Hi there,

One question, I have received the email regarding the high volume of applicants and how my application have been successfully submitted. I haven’t received any phone at this time and that was March, is that normal for hiring process? I am still very interested and will continue patiently wait for a call. 😁 

Thank You

Carson 

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @mesubedcarson and @JainaC,

We are so excited to hear that you are both interested in a Career at Southwest! Due to the high volume of applicants to the last Flight Attendant posting, it is taking longer than normal to process all of the applications. Applicants are being reviewed in the order which they applied. Although we can't share exactly where we are in the process, rest assured our Recruiters are hard at work making their way through the applications! Best of luck to the both of you.

Kelby
Southwest Careers

hleesc
Explorer A

Kelby,

Thank you do much for your input on the application process. Its been about 8 weeks since i have applied and nothing. Just keep being patient. Thank you once again. 

cassandrasua
Explorer C

Hi,

The position of Customer Service Agent just opened up 3 days ago and I applied instantly once it was posted. I would like to know how long after would it take to hear from an HR Representative? I know the hiring process may take a while but, I am just curious on a foreseable time frame of a call back or email to the next time of the hiring process. 

jpalmero
Explorer C

When can we apply for Southwest Airlines jobs here in Hawaii?