Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Application Status

aunties1414
Explorer C

Can you help me understand what these two different application statuses mean?  My niece received a CJO two weeks ago and has done her drug test and fingerprints.  My status says "under review", but I've seen posts where others have a status of "in process".  Is one status more positive than the other?  I understand that the background can take a long time.  Also, she has heard that others are learning the PA announcements already.  Is there a link to those announcements or should she have received an email already with that link?  Finally, will she receive an email, if for any reason, she is no longer being considered.  Thank you for any help you may be able to provide.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Application Status

Bking7
Explorer C

I think it just depends on when you got your app in. I got mine in later in the sept hiring window an only yesterday did i hear back.  Just gotta wait i guess. 🤷‍♂️ im unable to check it on my phone but last i checked it said "in progress" or something now instead of received.  (I assume your talking about FA)

Bking7
Explorer C

To answer your question about the status under review. It prob means they are reviewing everything an deciding if you qualify for a cjo or not. Thats what my past experience with other airlines have been..

williamh
Employee
Employee

Good question! "Under review" means we've opened the application and are considering it for employment. "In process" means that the application has been submitted, but we have not yet read the application.

Hi! I am one of the Moderators for the Southwest Careers board. See you around the Community!

William
Southwest Careers

aunties1414
Explorer C

Perfect!  As I said, she received a CJO back on October 29th and has since done the drug test and fingerprinting.  She said her dashboard was last "updated" on 11/17 and still says under review, so I guess thats a good thing.   Thank you for your help....