Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Application Status

rhondette54
Explorer C

I applied for a position as an Operations Agent at MDW/ORD on 9/16/2021 and the status still reads "Submission Received".  I did receive an email asking for my COVID vaccine status over a month ago.  But nothing since then.  Not sure if the position is still opened and if I am still being considered.  Is there a way to find out?

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Application Status

williamh
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi rhondette54. I'm so sorry for any confusion! I just checked on your application, and you're still in consideration for the role. Our Recruiters haven't yet reviewed your application, but we'll notify you as soon as we're ready with next steps. We truly appreciate your patience! 

Hi! I am one of the Moderators for the Southwest Careers board. See you around the Community!

William
Southwest Careers

rhondette54
Explorer C

Thank you so much!  I hope to hear something soon.

Joeytrr25
Explorer A

Hi @williamh I applied on the 5th for a Ramp position here and I received a email for a virtual interview that I scheduled for the 13th, at 11am, 

Are they still doing f2f interviews I thought it was a scam at first because I never heard of a virtual interview in Southwests hiring process 

williamh
Employee
Employee

Hi @Joeytrr25. We do most of our interviews on the phone or over Microsoft Teams right now. Our Recruiters are still working from home, and we've found that the virtual hiring process to be quite effective! I hope you're still able to take the interview, and best of luck if you do!

Hi! I am one of the Moderators for the Southwest Careers board. See you around the Community!

William
Southwest Careers

Joeytrr25
Explorer A

Hi @williamh are they still doing training in texas for ramp agent new hires

Joeytrr25
Explorer A

@williamh just did my interview and the recruiter gave me a offer, I'm just waiting for the background check, finger prints and clearance and I'll be se to go my dream finally came true 

williamh
Employee
Employee

Sorry to be slow getting back to you! Training's a mix of virtual and in person, you do some classroom work virtually, but once that's done you go out to the airport you'll be working at and get your hands-on training done! We're not flying people to Dallas right now since most of the folks who work at Headquarters are working from home. 

Congratulations on the offer, I'm glad the interview went well!

William
Southwest Careers

Joeytrr25
Explorer A

@williamh  Thank you for the information 

I appreciate it

I do understand that we all get busy, no need to apologize at all. The commute will be easy for me from where I live. I would of loved going to Dallas but the pandemic has impacted alot of things and that's understandable, thanks for the info it's good to know enjoy your day

naiksamar
Explorer C

Hello William, 

is it possible for you to check my application status? It shows under review for more than 4 weeks now. it would be great If you can provide me an update if I'm still in consideration or out of the race. Thank you!!