Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Application Statuses ("In Progress", "Closed/Complete", etc.)

rtbarron
Frequent Flyer A

I've seen several application statuses including "In Progress", "Closed/Complete", and "Under Review."

But what do they all mean?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Application Statuses ("In Progress", "Closed/Complete", etc.)

bec102896
Aviator A

@rtbarron

First off welcome to the community thanks for being so active and helpful in the past month that you have been here. I look forward to seeing you here in the community!

to answer your question here's what the statuses mean:

the statuses "received submission" "Under review" and "In progress" all mean that Southwest is still reviewing candidates and your application is still active. If your application has been reviewed and is no longer active the status will change to "Closed complete"

Hope this helps

Blake

rtbarron
Frequent Flyer A

Thanks Blake! I’m new to the community but have been a Southwest flyer and fan for over 40 years. I hope my insight is helpful to the other members.

In regard to my question about statuses, I’m wondering specifically what all the different ones mean. For example, do “In Progress” and “Under Review” mean the same thing or is one a further step than the other? Does “Closed/Complete” always mean that you didn’t get the job or can it mean that you did get the job and will be notified shortly?

I’ve noticed lots of questions like these in the discussions and thought I’d try to get answers.

bec102896
Aviator A

sorry i'm not too sure if one status is a better status than the other. hopefully Kelby could provide some more details tomorrow as i am guessing she is off for the holiday. But from what i have read here closed/complete means the position is filled so you would have to apply again next time that position becomes available.

Blake

Jennie0395
Adventurer C

Hello! Happy Memorial Day! Kelby posted that it also means something else. Taken from the post is the following:

"Hi @rickypoche,

Don't worry - this is not a glitch. "Closed Complete" is a normal status in the application process. If you are selected to move forward, someone from our Recruiting Team will reach out.

Kelby
Moderator"
So I'm confused because that means it has two meanings?