Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Application Submission

kimosbrne2324
Explorer C

Hello, I understand there are a lot of applications flooding in. How long should one expect to wait to hear a response about an application. It says submitted, and it has said that for about a month. Will there be any indication if you are rejected? 

Thank You. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Application Submission

brittg72409
Adventurer B

It will say “closed complete” on your portal when they’ve officially closed the position and you’re no longer being considered. 

Ksmitb82
Adventurer B

@kimosbrne2324 wrote:

Hello, I understand there are a lot of applications flooding in. How long should one expect to wait to hear a response about an application. It says submitted, and it has said that for about a month. Will there be any indication if you are rejected? 

Thank You. 

Southwest looks at apps literally in the order they are received as well and there are no bots going over resumes just wanted to throw that out there too.

Eredd
Explorer A

They send a letter I think too. At least I received a letter stating they hadn’t chose me and had closed the job opening or something along those lines. 
but in the case they do not send you a letter for you don’t see it, your status will say closed complete under that application like stated above. 
good luck and if it doesn’t happen keep applying.