Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Application denied

diannebrown3023
Explorer C

I literally met the qualifications, what was I denied instantly? 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Application denied

dfwskier
Aviator A

There are several reasons people could be "instantly" denied. two of the most frequent are inadvertently

1) Indicating they are not allowed to work in the US  .or.

2) Indicating they are not willing to attend training in Dallas

diannebrown3023
Explorer C

neither was the case for me. 

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

Happy Tuesday, @diannebrown3023!
Thanks so much for reaching out - I'm glad to provide some additional insight here. 
 Upon review, when asked the question "If you are selected as a Flight Attendant trainee, you will be required to attend four weeks of unpaid training in Dallas, Texas, which will require you to stay overnight Monday through Friday for the entire training class, as well as train on weekends. During initial required training, lodging, some meals, and your transportation to and from the training facility and Dallas Love Field airport are provided by Southwest Airlines. Only trainees who successfully complete the training will receive a one-time $1,200 bonus, before taxes are withheld. Trainees who do not successfully complete initial training do not receive the one-time bonus payment. If selected, are you willing to attend four weeks of required, unpaid training in Dallas, Texas?" you indicated "no".   This answer disqualified your application from consideration, as mentioned training in Dallas, TX is a requirement for the position.

If your answer was a mistake, we'd love to invite you to reapply when the position opens back up for applications! We are so appreciative of your interest in joining the Southwest Family!