Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Application/ no call

Mgomez57
Explorer C

Hi there! I’m hoping I may get to the bottom on this but I had applied for an operations agent position back in July and I was selected to continue in the process. By doing so I went through surveys and questions. Following my last one in Oct. 20th which stated after the survey I would be reached out via phone/call. Fast forward today I was reached out via email that said they tried getting in contact with me and it failed and I’m out of the listing? My phone lets calls go through just not spam ones. Do they ever leave a voicemail because I never have gotten one of those either. What do I do? I’ve been glued to my phone for almost 2.5 months for this job alone. Please help me understand 

Sincerely, Melina 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Application/ no call

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

"My phone lets calls go through just not spam ones."

I suggest you disable any filtering.  When you have hundreds, possibly thousands of applicants you want to make it as easy as can be to get in touch with you so companies don't just move on to the next applicant.

--TheMiddleSeat

williamh
Employee
Employee

Hi Melina. I'm sorry to hear this! It looks like we did not receive your response to that form which was sent out back in October. Unfortunately, that form was not completed within the prescribed window, so we're unable to continue with next steps. While I know this is disappointing, we hope you'll consider applying again in the future. 

Hi! I am one of the Moderators for the Southwest Careers board. See you around the Community!

William
Southwest Careers

Passenger1C
Aviator C

@Mgomez57  you started the process in July, completed the form in October, and just now heard back in December that you were no longer being considered because what you submitted was incomplete?  That would be hard and frustrating for anyone to hear. If you still do want to pursue a job at SW, remember to be positive, and don’t let this candidate experience hold you back from future opportunities. Good luck to you! 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

Mgomez57
Explorer C

May i submit a screenshot of a confirmation that I completed it?