Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Application status changed

brendadrojas
Explorer C

Hello 

So on December 2,2018 I flew out to Dallas for a f2f for the  bilingual flight attendant position. On December 12, 2018  I unfortunately got the email letting me know that I did not make it. So I got back on the Southwest Airlines careers website and I seen the position open for  a security administrator. I got really excited because I felt this position is more in my field. Being I went to school for  criminal justice and have previous security experience.  I also having done training with the department of homeland security. So I decided to apply for the position.  I so happened to check my dashboard and seen the status changed I was very happy to see that in was in  review  status.546DA27D-25BD-4D05-B5DF-761CBA419E95.png

So I recently checked again and I now seen it changed once again but this time to closed complete.896CAD71-16ED-4893-8335-71D9F0341E6C.jpeg

Does this mean that I didn’t make the cut for this position?  

thanks for your time in advance 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Application status changed

bec102896
Aviator A

Closed/complete means the position has been filled or you were not selected to move on in the hiring process.

Keep trying though you can do it! 

Blake 

brendadrojas
Explorer C

Thank you I’m trying to stay positive I’ve been trying to work for Southwest for sometime now. 

DfDrPepper_23
Frequent Flyer C

No, you were not selected. Believe me, Doesn't matter what kind of background you persue and still your application is not accepted. I have been turned down and find this very frustrated. 

brendadrojas
Explorer C

I totally understand and feel You. I wish they would tell you why you didn’t make it. I had Applied for the call center as well as the bilingual flight attendant. I got called for both positions  did the phone interview  for both ,got a face-to-face interview for the bilingual flight attendant Position. I thought the interview went well but I guess not. I will continue to try. 

DfDrPepper_23
Frequent Flyer C

@brendadrojas

Sorry for the delayments, I was helping with my daughter remodeling the bathroom just to give a face lift. This has to change like every ten year to live with a better tones. We had the floor resilented and I liked the new floor!

Ok, let's get back to the point that I was deeply concerned on why they won't hire me due to my disability - Hearing Impaired. So, I gave up applying for the company. I can't deal with hurt feelings. Don't let the other comments let you down. 

Smiley Wink