Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Application status

estella_trostle
Explorer C

I applied for an aviation mechanics internship.  I checked the status and it said complete/closed.  What does this mean?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Application status

Mstevens0716
Explorer A

It means that you have been reviewed and possibly added to the "hire pool". There's no guarantee to this answer. But if you are selected to move on, you will receive a call from the recruiter and notifed by email. So all that can be said is be patient and see if you made the lucky few! Good Luck!

Stationed @ The DAL-LUV Airport!

estella_trostle
Explorer C

Thank you so much.  Since it's an internship, we should know something sooner.  

ethanscott
Explorer B

Okay, thanks. And how long will it take for them to base a decision on my application?

Is it going to be a matter of days or weeks?

Mine was a case of a permanent job.

Mstevens0716
Explorer A

Hello @ethanscott

I cannot give you a definite answer as I do not work for this department and answering the question on a personal experience basis. You may always call and inquire about the status of the application. The waiting period for me was roughly 6 months.

Phone number is 1 800-435-9792

Stationed @ The DAL-LUV Airport!

Raeganty1
Explorer C

Thank you for the contact number.  I appreciate it.

ethanscott
Explorer B

Thanks for responding.

I will contact them at the earliest!

McFarland
Explorer C

Hello,

I'm a student from Texas and I've just applied for the Maintenance and Aircraft Performance Engineering Internship. Whom can I contact for my application status? What does it mean, if it says "Closed Complete"? Thank you.

Justin