Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Application

LoveSpring
Adventurer C

I have read many of the discussions and I see some people say they filled out an "application".  It is my understanding that the application is not available until the job is posted, correct? 

Thank you for getting back to me...I am just excited and anxious for the process to begin.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Application

KimVanderKley
Frequent Flyer C
Solution

@LoveSpring

Hi glad you are excited about the amazing opportunity to join the SW family!   I can specifically answer to the FA application ... which was e-mailed to me the day the portal status was changed to under review and the rep from the SW people department gave me a call.  Hint: you may consider listing  more than the five years of work experience ask for on the application... I did NOT...thinking the text file on the portal would be review for consideration to the next step. SO the application is very important. -- I am hopeful I will be able to cover more of my 'life' experience during the phone interview or perhaps portal text will be reviewed before the face to face in TX.. Good Luck!

@16fseataFFBK

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi @LoveSpring,

Thank you for your continued interest in a Flight Attendant position with us! You are correct -- an application will not be available until a job is posted at southwest.com/careers. As @KimVanderKley alluded to, there are two separate applications throughout the process. One will be the initial application, filled out when a Candidate clicks apply within an open position on southwest.com/careers. This will just be a short series of questions that ask about a Candidate's qualifications for the position for which they are applying.

Once a Candidate's resume is reviewed and they are selected to move forward, before attending an interview Candidates are asked to fill out a more robust application including job experiences in the past five years, former residences, etc. This more robust application is used for the background check, and for other various tasks throughout the process. It is never too early to start gathering this information to make the process quicker and easier once you have submitted an initial application for the role!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

LoveSpring
Adventurer C
Solution

Just wanted To check in to see if there are any opportunities available as a flight attendant

franktravel
Aviator B
Solution

The last opening for this job was 2/5/18. The flight attendant positions are listed under the city of Dallas Texas, the Southwest Airlines main headquarters.

The best thing you can do is set up a profile to be notified when jobs become available here https://tinyurl.com/y8p82yya

Southwest Airlines Policy is:

"In order to remain consistent in our hiring practices and to be fair to all applicants, we accept applications for a specific position, and only when the job listing is active on our Careers page."

See current job openings at Southwest Airlines here Careers pages https://tinyurl.com/yalmfmzr

Good Luck!

clh046
Explorer C

Hi,

I put in my application for the flight attendant positon in Jan of this year, and it still reads received submission. I have not received an email or a phone call. Is it normal for the process to take this long?

Aggie1020
Explorer C

Help please i desperately want to work for southwest its been a dream of mine how and when can i fill out application. Thank you in advance