Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Applied, but Auto Rejection

mszoeycheng
Explorer C

Screenshot 2023-05-17 at 9.45.46 AM.png

I'm highly interested in this position, since I have WFH experience as a customer support agent. Some reason, once I've submitted my application with my resume, it auto rejected. Not sure why, since this was sent to my e-mail.Screenshot 2023-05-17 at 9.58.21 AM.png

Is there a chance that it's because I previously worked at Southwest from July 2022 - December 2022? Is there a certain period of time, ex-Southwest can't reapply for other future positions? 

Thanks for your time everyone! I really love Southwest Airlines... Their company and values, so I hope to join back again as soon as possible! 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Applied, but Auto Rejection

mszoeycheng
Explorer C
Solution

Resolved, didn't realize the position was only for certain states, not eligible for California residents.

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

Hey, @mszoeycheng!

I see that you've already updated your post, but I just wanted to hop on to add this additional context for other Candidates who may be reading! 

Regarding today's Customer Representative posting for Customer Support & Services, our Candidate requirements included being a resident of one of the following states: Arizona, Arkansas  Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Mexico, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, or Wisconsin. Unfortunately, California isn't included in that list - so sorry for any confusion in the process or with the "No Longer Under Consideration" update you saw immediately after. 

We're so appreciative of your interest in a career with Heart, and we hope another opportunity can catch your eye to come join us soon - we post new openings every day! Best of luck! 

miss_statia
Explorer C

hi, i am in pacific time zone and did not see the opening for the customer service position. has the posting bee removed?

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

Hey there, @miss_statia ! 

Thanks for asking! The Customer Representative position for Customer Support & Services accepted applications for a limited time this morning, and the posting has now closed. So sorry if you missed it today! 

If you haven't already, join our Talent Community to stay updated about future positions in your desired career field! https://careers.southwestair.com/jointalentcommunity

miss_statia
Explorer C

@adrienneb 

hi, i am in pacific time zone and did not see the opening for the customer service position. has the posting bee removed?