Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Apply for 2 positions

hleesc
Explorer A

I have heard so many great things about Southwest snd i took a chance applying for 2 positions. I applied for ramp agent and appearance technician.  Just wanted to know the process and training process.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Apply for 2 positions

rtbarron
Frequent Flyer A

All the great things you've heard about Southwest are true and you were smart to take the chance to become a member of the Southwest family.

The hiring process differs from position to position but almost always starts out with a phone interview. If you impress the phone interviewer, you'll be invited for a face-to-face interview, most likely at the airport, for ramp agent and appearance technician positions.

Southwest is a unique airline and is looking for unique People to join the company. Therefore, you'll need to convince the recruiters who interview you that you have the Southwest Spirit...a Warrior Spirit, a Servant's Heart, and a Fun Luv-ing Attitude. I suggest learning what each of these qualities mean and self-reflecting on how each of them applies to you.

And remember, getting a job at Southwest is a highly-competitive process. If you don't make it this time, keep trying until you finally do!

I can't speak about the training process at Southwest since I've never been through it, but I understand that it involves two weeks of classroom training in Dallas and then a few weeks of on-the-job training at whichever airport you are hired at.

Good luck to you!

hleesc
Explorer A
Solution

@rtbarron wrote:

All the great things you've heard about Southwest are true and you were smart to take the chance to become a member of the Southwest family.

The hiring process differs from position to position but almost always starts out with a phone interview. If you impress the phone interviewer, you'll be invited for a face-to-face interview, most likely at the airport, for ramp agent and appearance technician positions.

Southwest is a unique airline and is looking for unique People to join the company. Therefore, you'll need to convince the recruiters who interview you that you have the Southwest Spirit...a Warrior Spirit, a Servant's Heart, and a Fun Luv-ing Attitude. I suggest learning what each of these qualities mean and self-reflecting on how each of them applies to you.

And remember, getting a job at Southwest is a highly-competitive process. If you don't make it this time, keep trying until you finally do!

I can't speak about the training process at Southwest since I've never been through it, but I understand that it involves two weeks of classroom training in Dallas and then a few weeks of on-the-job training at whichever airport you are hired at.

Good luck to you!

Thank you so much for all your input about Southwest. Im looking forward to this opportunity and i have several associates who currently work for this Fun-LUVing company. Being in the airlines business is similar like hospitality work to serve the customer. 

hleesc
Explorer A

Thank you so much for all the information. Patience is virtue and what i have heard so far, its worth the waiting to receive a phone call or an email. Thanks again for all that yoi do for Southwest and i guess i will use TWA motto. The most comfortable way to fly.

rtbarron
Frequent Flyer A
Solution

From personal experience, the time you wait to hear from Southwest varies from position to position. I applied for one position on May 17 and didn't hear anything from Southwest until June 28. I applied for another position last Monday (June 25) and heard back from Southwest today.

Patience truly is a virtue when trying to join the Southwest Family, but the end result is well worth the wait! Stay positive and keep us posted how it goes.