Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Austin Hiring Event - Open for questions!

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

Phenom-Email-Bnr-1400x450-AUS (3).png

Our Team is ready to meet many great People at our upcoming Austin Hiring Event, and we'd love to meet you too. We're focused on connecting great Candidates with our Austin Airport Ground Operations Team through roles like full and part-time Ramp Agent, Operations Agent, and Customer Service Agents! As a reminder, we’ll be onsite Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. CT. You can review the event details and register via swa.is/AUSHeartHiring.

Please reply to this discussion post and let us know of any questions you may have. Our Teams will work to answer them as quickly as possible. 

You can also check out our Hiring Event FAQ here: swa.is/AustinFAQ

We hope to meet you Thursday!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Austin Hiring Event - Open for questions!

Ldgcohen
Explorer C

Hi! I completed the interview process and was hired by SWA last fall. I completed all of the necessary steps, ie fingerprinting and drug test. I was given a start date of November and then December. Unfortunately I was unable to attend the training due to my family coming down with COVID. Yes, we are fully vaccinated! I am ready to begin at the next training date. Can you please advise me on how I should proceed? I am registered and available to attend the event in Austin.  Thanks!! Looking forward to my SWA career!

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

Hey, @Ldgcohen

We're glad to hear you and your family are feeling better, and we're excited to know that you still want to explore a Career with Southwest! You'll need to reapply for the position you are interested in. 

If you're applying for one of the Austin Airport Operations roles (Customer Service Agent, Operations Agent, or Ramp Agent), you can come out to our Hiring Event on Thursday to meet with our Southwest Recruiters and interview on-the-spot. We would love to meet you!

smykollipara
Explorer C

Hi! What does the hiring process look like for the Dallas corporate positions (revenue management & network planning)? Will there be on the spot offers for those positions as well? I am really looking forward to starting my career at Southwest 🙂

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

Good morning, @smykollipara!

For those Dallas-based positions, our Recruiters will still be conducting interviews and providing additional information to these roles, but there will not on-the-spot offers for these roles. Let our Careers Team know what role you're interested in upon checking in, and we'll get you connected with the right Recruiter to discuss.

We love that you're ready to see your career take off at Southwest, and we hope to meet you tomorrow!