Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Bay Area Flight Attendant Openings

James94525
Adventurer C

Will they ever open up hiring for flight attendants in this area again.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Bay Area Flight Attendant Openings

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

To know when the next FA opening will be i recommend signing up for the Talent Community This will email you when the job you are interested in is open for applications.

Hope this helps!

Blake

James94525
Adventurer C

I have, five months ago, then again two months ago. Not on FA email to date

SWDigits
Aviator A

@James94525 I've never applied to work for Southwest but I'm active here on the message boards.  Based on what I recall seeing in discussion threads it seems like the flight attendant positions are not posted very often, and when they are, there are numerous applications with a potentially long selection and hiring timeline.  And some of the jobs seem like they are not posted for very long, which is why signing up for the notifications seems so important.

Also I don't know that the Flight Attendant positions are for a specific location.

Good luck!

Customer | Home airport DCA

James94525
Adventurer C

Again, I am signed up, twice now. Not a word.

SWDigits
Aviator A

Right, you won't get any notifications until the job is posted.  Based on a quick scan of the discussion forums it looks like:

I personally think the job alert system was probably designed for a situation like this where the job is posted on an infrequent basis.  Hope this context helps.

Customer | Home airport DCA

Passenger1C
Aviator C

@James94525  some applicants have waited for a year or more. It's a timely process. You will hear back when there is a need. 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion