Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Becoming a Flight Attendant

Samantha071478
Explorer C

This is great! I have always wanted to work as a flight attedent and has some friends that already work for southwest. Do you know what time the openings will be posted and how many positions you are looking to hire?

Thanks,

Samantha S.

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @Samantha071478,

The position is live now, and will be up here until Friday, February 9th, 5:00 PM CST. We are not looking to hire a set amount, but are just looking for great folks to join our Team! We hope to see your application.

Kelby
Southwest Careers

tracy_thatcher
Adventurer B

Kelby,

Thank you again for all of your help and pointers during this application/hiring process. I'm THRILLED to have had this opportunity and hope this is the beginning of fulfilling my dream to fly for SWA. I want to wish everybody the best of luck and remember...PERSERVERANCE PAYS OFF❤❤❤❤😊😊😊😊✈✈✈✈

Tracy Thatcher 

AEMccaskill
Explorer C

Having issues applying how do i put app in

tracy_thatcher
Adventurer B

Screenshot_20180204-143431.jpg

Screenshot_20180204-143442.jpg

Screenshot_20180204-143453.jpg

I hope this helps...Good luck😊

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @AEMccaskill,

Thanks for your interest! Try applying through this link. Click "Apply Now," create a profile, and then it will prompt you to complete the application.

Kelby
Southwest Careers

Drea_18
Explorer C

Hey I’m Andrea Scott and i was wondering could i become a flight attendant when I graduate technically right now I’m a senior and I’m trying to start my Career right after I graduate in 1 month... Also i been having my counselor and teachers help me with this if anyone have any information contact me at scottandrea956@gmail.com 

RetLeo
Explorer A

I think the age requirement is 20 years old to apply.  

franktravel
Aviator B

Hi Andrea,

The last opening for a flight attendent job was on 2/5/18.  When the next flight attendant position is available it will be listed under the city of Dallas Texas, this is the Southwest Airlines main headquarters.

Southwest Policy:

"In order to remain consistent in our hiring practices and to be fair to all applicants, we accept applications for a specific position, and only when the job listing is active on our Careers page."

See current job openings at Southwest Airlines here Careers pagehttps://tinyurl.com/yalmfmzr

You may also want to set up a profile to be notified when jobs become available herehttps://tinyurl.com/y8p82yya

Good Luck!!

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @Drea_18,

We are so thrilled that you are interested in a Career with us! As @RetLeo mentioned, the minimum age for this role is 20 years old. You can find all of the qualifications by clicking the "spoiler" tag on the first page of this post. If you meet those qualifications, we would love to see your application the next time this role is available!

If you do not yet meet those qualifications, you can check out some of the roles that we currently have available on southwest.com/careers. A great opportunity could be in one of our front-line roles (Customer Service Agent, Ramp Agent, Operations Agent, or Customer Support Representative), which all have a minimum age requirement of 18 years old. For inspiration, you can check out this video of a fellow aviation lover who started as a Ramp Agent following his high school graduation! Best of luck in your Career!

Kelby
Southwest Careers