Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Becoming a Southwest Employee

JFrazier6
Explorer C

I am looking to become a Southwest Employee. I don't really want to travel just yet but I would like to work in customer service either ticket counter or gate attendant or something along those lines.

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Becoming a Southwest Employee

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @JFrazier6,

We love to hear that you may be interested in an Airport Operations position with us! What locations are you looking for opportunities in?

Kelby
Southwest Careers

JFrazier6
Explorer C

I live in Las Vegas and would love to work at Mccarran airport

Kaleb12Hatcher
Explorer C

Hi my name is kaleb Hatcher and I’m really interested in becoming a member of the team I have a good attitude and I’m great with customer service 

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @Kaleb12Hatcher,

We love people who are great with Customer Service! You might be interested in an opportunity as a Customer Service Agent, Operations Agent, or Customer Service Representative. You can sign up to receive job alerts via email at workfor.us/southwest (on desktop) or by clicking here on a mobile device. Best of luck throughout the application process!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

JFrazier6
Explorer C

Thank you and I will definitely do that!

Kaleb12Hatcher
Explorer C

Yes I am very interested in working for u guys

Jaime69
Explorer C

Hi I’m from Philippines n Guam I like to work at airport as ramp agent my experience before I irk at airport in guam pls give m some idea to apply with us thanks

B_rutledge
Explorer C

How long does it usually take to hear something back once we have submitted our application?

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @B_rutledge,

Thanks for your interest in joining the Southwest Team! You should receive an email indicating your application has been submitted within a day after applying. If you haven't received that in your inbox, ensure you are regularly checking your spam/junk box and have added "southwest+autoreply@agents.icims.com" to your "safe sender" list.

The timeline to hear back beyond that email can vary depending on the role for which you are applying. If you are applying for a Flight Attendant role, you can find more information by clicking the "spoiler" tag on the first page of this post. We appreciate your patience as our Recruiters work diligently to sort through the resumes for the role which you applied!

Kelby
Southwest Careers