Southwest Airlines Community

Re: CA Southwest Airlines Hiring 2021

GOFORIT
Frequent Flyer C

That's exciting, klovett20!! 

20210119_171031.jpg

Explorer C

Congratulations on moving forward in your process. This forum is a great informative and supportive platform. I applied for Customer Service at MDW.

Brien42
Explorer C

Congrats! I had my interview on Tuesday as well. Did they tell you how long until you find out? 

Ambassador
Adventurer C

Hi! Hope you’re feeling positive!

The lovely recruiter I had the pleasure interviewing with let me know that I’d hear from someone else via email in about a week (from my Monday interview,) which, of course, now I’m over-thinking.

Happy to have this community to connect at this time!

Shmandiie
Explorer A

@Ambassador My interview was 2pm on Tuesday!  I had recruiter Ashley and Nancy and they said I’d hear back before a week to a week and half! Great to have this forum to discuss and support each other! I can’t wait for training to put a face to these usernames lol

GOFORIT
Frequent Flyer C

Hope to see you in Dallas, Ambassador!✈

Ambassador
Adventurer C

Hope to see youuuuu too! 🙏🏻
Ambassador was such a random name choice 😂

My name is Amber, nice to “meet” you

GOFORIT
Frequent Flyer C

Hi Amber! Are you interested in the LAX or OAK base?

Ambassador
Adventurer C

Hello! I’m not sure there are options? When they said CA residents, I assumed/hoped that they wanted hires for both, but during the interview the recruiter, Stephanie, asked where I lived (in LA county) and told me that I’d start based in Oakland. I’ve always, ALWAYS wanted to move to Northern California, but couldn’t afford it and just now after my entire life in LA county and 10 years in LA proper began to really love it. 😂 Also, the place I signed a lease for two weeks before southwest announced hiring is wonderful! I love my place, but it seems Oakland, at least for a bit, is meant to be! Also – that airport is so much more relaxed and easier to get to. Perfect for a beginner.
sorry, long-winded answer...

what about you?

GOFORIT
Frequent Flyer C

OAK. I live in central Ca.