Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

CS&S email confirmation/instructions

desmondrl
Adventurer A

I got the 'Application Received' email on Tuesday, and my application is showing in process on my candidate home page. Has anyone gotten an email with further instructions, yet?? Such as uploading a resume since we weren't able to do so during the application process?

If there are any current employees that see this, can you tell us about how long it might be before we see any updated information? I know there was an overwhelming response to the job posting so it may take a bit, but should we expect something within a week? Two weeks or more?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

12 REPLIES 12

Re: CS&S email confirmation/instructions

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A
Solution

You really have to be patient throughout this process. There is no set timeframe, or even an average, during hiring. If you check out any of the 'hiring timeline' posts, you'll see it could be a day or a couple months before correspondence. The recruiters are good about reaching out to candidates if they need more information from them though, so no need to worry. They'll get to everyone eventually. Good luck! 

About2be
Frequent Flyer B
Solution

Hi@desmondrl  You should be receiving an email with a link to set up your job "DASHBOARD". I applied 12/31/2021 and received my link email 1/12/22. So there could be several days, weeks, maybe months before you get any response. 

I know that doesn't help AT ALL, but it's a fair process to give all people the same  opportunity. 

THE BEST RESOURCE is this community. Reaching out to peeps going through this process helped me know what to look for and to also help others.  POST any info that you feel comfortable sharing. Everyone needs to post small info., updates, any progress, questions, answers, support, successes, and disappointments. It looks like a HUGE, great group of folks applied for remote jobs, CS, and ramps recently and there was type of  "messy system thing."

Those of us that came B4 try to come back and help but we can't speak to things y'all might experience we did not. I wish the very best, and looking forward to post our "Congrats" soon. 🤠🤞

desmondrl
Adventurer A

@About2be Thank you for replying! Yes, I got that email on Tuesday, and got it set up. I got the confirmation email yesterday, showing that my application had been submitted. This afternoon, I got an email with webinar info for tomorrow to let us know more about the position.

For those of us waiting, can you give some insight as to what all is covered in the first 2 weeks of training?? I know it won't be until September (so I'm looking for temporary work until then), but I like to be prepared. I don't know if it'll be covered, but I've already been learning the Southwest city codes. I'm at 85%! lol!

About2be
Frequent Flyer B

OMG gosh great start!!! During my hiring process I worked as PartTime grocery shopper, not delivering, just shopping a list, and enjoyed the flexibility that offered. 

City codes are a MUST for every department.  Once you start your training there is no time to study the codes, but you are using them everyday. I'm in Flight OPs, on the learning side of things.

So i don't know too much about CS.  Look over military times, and time zones. A good resource for codes is: 

https://www.studystack.com/flashcard-3508643

Also you can do a search on study stack for CS terms, or basic Airport terms. 

There is also a SWA shop, you can start your wish list of cute tees ;).  You will go through what they call "on boarding" or  " fly day" or  " freedom day" . It's all the same thing. All of the new hires from all over different cities, different departments, come together on 1 day to learn culture, history of SWA, policies, expectations, new hire paperwork, etc. 

In my position I have 4 weeks classroom training, week 1 was all classroom, week 2 was my on boarding, then back to class before I go on the floor.  But depends on your hire date and your schedule will be set up to accommodate all the new hires. Woohoo!!! So exciting! Keep us posted! I'll ask my new co-hearts that were CS for their best advice. 

desmondrl
Adventurer A

@About2be Thank you for the insight! If you can get insight from other CS&S's, that would be awesome! And I've been using sporcle.com for learning. It's a timed test. I also made flash cards for the more difficult codes such as PDX, which is nowhere close to the city name. lol!

I've got an information webinar/session tomorrow, and I'm hoping to find out a lot more. As for military time, I've got 20+ years experience in the medical field (CNA & CMT), so I had to chart military time. I also already know time zones for the states, so no problem there.

Thanks for the chat! I woke up just after 5 this morning, so it's time for me to get to bed! Have a great night!!

About2be
Frequent Flyer B

Good night! You are doing great!

About2be
Frequent Flyer B

Talked to my CS&S friends to see what skills to work on B4 training. I was told typing super fast, toggle between different screens, practice patience. Goggle typing tests, watch customer service videos, good and and bad. 1 person said she  would watch real life situations, tv shows, and chats, break them down and write all the positives statements she could use, write all the negatives and try to turn them around. Good luck

desmondrl
Adventurer A

@About2be Thank you for all of that! I'm a decent typist (2 finger lol!, 38wpm). I've been doing typing tests though, to get my speed up. I'll definitely look up customer service videos and take notes!

leeleebell96734
Explorer C

What is dashboard, I got candidate home email ,nothing with dashboard