Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: CSA HIRING TIMELINE

ShellyV
Adventurer B

@wacowgirl start date is 3/28. Not sure when Dallas is. I'm still waiting for onboarding emails. My best guess is one week at station, then Dallas. 

Tmike92
Adventurer B

@wacowgirl i believe we start at our station for 2-3 weeks then to Dallas! I’m sure you’ll start getting bombarded with emails this coming week.

I’m located in HNL. So it’s going to be a very LONG journey to DAL.

(When I spoke to someone from the people department, they said that the process for Hawaii is done differently from the U.S mainland) 

wacowgirl
Adventurer B

@ShellyV how exciting! You'll have to let us know how it goes. I'm still in disbelief that this is really happening. Where are you at again Shelly?

@Tmike92 yah, HNL would be a bit far to travel, but wouldn't it be cool if they did??! I'm looking ya up when I head out your way... LOL

ShellyV
Adventurer B

@wacowgirl 

I'll be in SAN. I'm still in disbelief as well.  I interviewed for CSA and RAMP and was offered both. Getting the phone call was one of the best days of my life. I've been wanting this for so long.  It feels like the process is just waiting and waiting but having that start date is making it so real.  You are going to be so busy in Denver! I'm not sure if we can do this on here, but let me know if you want to connect on FB. 

wacowgirl
Adventurer B

@ShellyV I think you'll be busy as well out there in SAN! I would think it was a busy airport as well. DEN is growing! There are new gates being added onto Concourse C. It's going to be nuts but I enjoy being busy. 

I do have FB! Send me a message through here and I'll send you my profile. To send me a message here, click on my username and click send a message. It's on the right hand side under the badges. It should be there I think? If not, let me know!

Tmike92
Adventurer B

2/23 update:

Met with my station admin to take my company photo and fill out my required forms for my SIDA badge. Was told I’ll be receiving more emails next week about my 3/7 start date. 

Feels good not to be hounding my emails and phone log 24/7. 

ninacoladas
Adventurer C

Hi! After given your start date, did you have to do badging? Or did training immediately start?

Tmike92
Adventurer B

@ninacoladas  my station admin started to be my main POC. She scheduled a time for me to get my airport badge, verify my documents and take my SWA photo. I started last week Monday 3/7. So about 2 weeks before my start date.

janie_1128
Explorer A

Do you mind sharing what your training schedule and days off? Was your 1st week Monday-Friday? Do you have any information about the training dates in Dallas?

Tmike92
Adventurer B

@janie_1128 

Heyyyy! Your first week is called “federal” week. It’s where you go over required courses and conpany policies  before you can start OJT. You’ll order uniforms and be able to set up your benefits. At my station it was M-F for week one, but the next 2-3 weeks Its OJT and had a mix of shifts mirroring my trainers schedule.

I leave to Dallas on Sunday for 11 nights 🙂 

STUDY YOUR AIRPORT CODES!

it’s required for you to pass with 85% or higher, your trainer won’t be able to reload the course if you do not pass. It must be taken prior to heading to Dallas.