Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

CSA Inquiry

1Carter
Explorer A

Hello,

im not sure if I am still in the running for this position. It was posted April 20th and I had applied early. I have completed tests,vaccines, checks around May 9th. Between early May and now I have not received anything. I do see others have different timelines but I don’t see anything as extensive as mine. Ofc my portal still says under review. But I do remember the station manger stating that they would need summer help. Is it possible they skipped over my application and fulfilled the position over the time I’ve been waiting? 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: CSA Inquiry

Yocity2022
Adventurer B

Hello, 

I am in the same position.  I interviewed and accepted the CJO on May 4, 2022.  Completed the drug/background on May 6, 2022.  I have been contacting several recruiters for an update and they continue to say that it is still in the background process which takes 4-6 weeks.  What airport did you apply for?

1Carter
Explorer A

My local airport is MYR. I guess me making that post earlier is me feeling a bit discouraged. I tried everything and I really needed this job. Not sure what else we can do other than just wait, I guess. I got my CJO on May 9th. June & July are big months for traveling and I thought I would be started by now. Hopefully we hear something soon lol 

Yocity2022
Adventurer B

Good ole Myrtle!  I go down there frequently.  I flew into that airport once since I did not feel like the 7 hour drive.  Lol.  I contacted the person that interviewed me and another recruiter last week.  Does SWA have that many backgrounds to review?  I don’t use drugs and my background is clean. I’m not sure what the issue is.  I heard that no news is good news,however, in this case… I’m not sure.  Lol

1Carter
Explorer A

Yup Myrtle Beach lol. Do you think we are still in the running for the jobs we accepted? I also have been contact with recruiters but I really don’t know what else I should do. I’m just so ready to get started. 

Yocity2022
Adventurer B

As long as our application status is still under review, I believe that we are good! We’ll just have to keep each other posted.  It’s kinda of good to know I’m not alone in this stage of the process.  I don’t think or don’t want to think they would leave us out to dry!  Lol

Imani
Adventurer C

Look at the discussion where other CSA’s and SWA applicants have posted their timelines for getting hired, and actual start dates.  You will see its a process and patience is key.  You will also see several posts of ppl saying that SWA has actual people reviewing our applications and not BOTS (be very thankful for that) so it may take longer.  When I was offered my CJO, she also said “please be patient, as the process can take a while”.  I think you are both fine, just keep checking your emails, and def check the junk and spam folders, I found one of my emails in there.