Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

CSA Start date received (MCO)

KLaMonica
Adventurer A

Hi all! I've received my start date for CSA training (5-16-22), and the email stated that when I am closer to my starting date that SWA University will reach out to me with more information. As of this posting, that is only 10 days away, and I've yet to receive another email. (All pre employment / onboarding has been completed) Maybe I'm overly excited, but I am on pins and needles awaiting further instruction. 

Can anyone tell me approximately when I should be receiving this email?  Also, can any current CSA's describe the initial process? Do we train at the airport prior to Dallas, or should I expect my first will be the flight to Dallas? Eeeeek! 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: CSA Start date received (MCO)

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A
Solution

You will get first day info the friday before your first day (at the latest). You'll be training at your local station for a few weeks before you go to Dallas. Welcome to the fam!

KLaMonica
Adventurer A

OMGosh! Tysm for your reply! Stress level now at zero! Can't wait to work with all of you (or at least fly into your airport at some point 🤣)

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

Yeah! A day trip to Tampa isn't the worst way to spend an off day. 🌴🌴🌴

embell
Explorer C

Hi, can you share how many weeks before your start date did you get your email to let you know when you are starting. Thanks much!

Teralynrucker
Explorer C

Hi and congratulations! 🙂

I did a hiring event and did all of the testing in one day. How long did it take for them to reach out to you for your start date?