Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: CSA Training

Jlogan08
Explorer A

Thank you so much for the great info. My start date is the 27th of this month so I’m just waiting for the email with orientation info. I’m 8 days out.   As far as lodging goes did you have your own room or have a roommate? Sorry to hear you were not feeling well. I hope you get to feeling better soon. 

Imani
Adventurer C

I am also in Phoenix, still waiting on a few things, no start date yet.  When did you get your CJO?  I have become an email stalker, LOL.

bsmithwmu
Adventurer C

Hey DAEEEEEE ,

I live in the Phx area too. I had my interviews a couple weeks ago. Went and did fingerprint and drug testing yesterday (which I should have nothing to worry about there) . Hopefully I will be joining you in the CSA training. How long after the testing and prints before you heard back ? When did you have your last video interview? I'm only asking since you are in the same airport I'd be at, and this is very recent. Any info would be great. I'm not "worried", just curious on the timeframe is all. 

Daeeeeee
Explorer C

Hey, 

so I had my virtual interview on 5/6 and also received my CJO that same day. May 11th is when I received the email to schedule my drug test and fingerprints. I completed my drug test that same day and my fingerprints on 5/12. I was stalking my email like crazy for any updates then I finally received the email saying my background had been completed on 5/31. After that I received my official offer on 6/3 with a start date of 6/27.  

bsmithwmu
Adventurer C

Daeeee -

Thank you for prompt response. It looks like it took almost 3 weeks (which I know can vary) from drug/fingerprints for you to hear back, so I will try to keep that in the back of my head. Unfortunately if thats the case, I won't be in the same class with you 😞 I'm sure if the job offer is extended to me, our paths will cross soon! Good luck in training and congratulations! 

bsmithwmu
Adventurer C

***UPDATE***

Since I asked for dates of when things were completed for a timeline, I just figured I should probably do the same.

Application submitted May 11
Email for Phone interview with recruiter May 12
Confirmation May 13
Phone interview May 17 (and set up virtual interview for in one week)
Virtual interview May 24
CJO May 26
Fingerprint and drug test set up email June 6     (you have 48 hours to set up and follow through) (at this point, I was expecting about 3 weeks as I've heard it can take some time)
Confirmation to proceed June 15th
Start date email June 17th (today)

Expected start date July 18. 

Beginning of process to the start date 10 weeks roughly.  5 weeks going through the process and almost 5 before start date. Moral of the story is don't be discouraged for going after something you want. I turned down a couple opportunities (including two other airlines among a couple other non-airlines) b/c this is where I wanted to be and what I wanted to do. It was hard knowing it'd take time, but go where you think you'll be happiest. Just remember good things are worth the wait ! Good luck to anyone who reads this looking for their SWA opportunity! See ya down the road!

Imani
Adventurer C

Hi BSMITHWMU..

Sounds like you are based in PHX..  if so, same here and I also received an email today 6/17 with a start date of 7/18!!!  CONGRATS and hopefully we will meet in person during training.

bsmithwmu
Adventurer C

Congrats Imani ! Looking forward to seeing you there! 

bsmithwmu
Adventurer C

Goodluck with orientation day one DAEEEEEEE ! 3 more weeks for me before mine! Have fun!

Jlogan08
Explorer A

Thank you 😊